Monday, January 22, 2024

November 2023

 

My lifestyle is not conducive to doing pickleball league yet but we do have to work around the league schedule when we want to play outside.

Cute little pic of Corban at a neighborhood trunk or treat with Shem

Our plantation shutters are high maintenance. They break so easily and often. 

This is pretty typical. The girls like to have me do their hair at night.

Doug finally built Brooklyn's dresser 11 months after we bought it for her! I was so delighted not to be the one building it!

Isaac at his swim banquet

We got an entertainment stand for our loft as part of a plan to make it a really fun kid play place.

We saved up so many things for bulk trash and it was amazing to see it all disappear. We only have bulk trash come twice a year so we need to make it count.

Lucy decided to get her patriarchal blessing. It was so beautiful. We were crying during the blessing and she was so happy to hear all her promised blessings as she chooses to follow the Lord. Patriarch Jackson did both Isaac and Lucy's blessings.

Cason feels so tortured when he is writing. I don't know why, but I pray that he can find his happiness in working hard and expressing himself. 

One of Lucy's beautiful pictures from the photo shoot.




Marshall and his family and Troy all came into town to do a Spartan Super. They did such a great job and we had a blast having them here. We found out later that Troy had the privilege of cleaning up Cora's throw-up! 


The manly men posing before their post-race polar plunge. 

And then quickly making it to the hot tub!

Nap time

Immediately after the cousin fun, we rushed on over to California for our fall break! We had so much fun at Disneyland and California Adventure. 


It was awesome to see these three together so much


The big three tried their hand at Excalibur



My favorite ride, the Incredicoaster!


Doug's hair was amazing after the Incredicoaster!

Isaac and the skunk. This is my photo of him on my phone.


Dad's way of celebrating being at an amusement park

Corban ducking into Dad during Space Mountain


Happy as a clam with his new Mickey stuffy




Isaac and I fake crying as we left the parks to go back home to Arizona. It was probably best that we left when we did because the traffic going home was terrible. 

The next morning I ran Sharon's race with Jenny. We had tons of fun. She stayed back with Brynlin and I went on ahead and got fifth in my age group. It felt good but I was huffing and puffing at the end.

We'd gotten home late the night before so I needed to grocery shop for Thanksgiving food that morning after the race

Kids playing at Kayla and Dave's


And then the Christmas wish lists started rolling in.

I need to get a bigger version of this on the blog, but this is one of my favorite pictures and we had it on one side of our Christmas card this year. 

Me finishing my race

The front picture on our Christmas card

Corban's grateful plate he made for class. You can tell we have "Friend" magazines. 

Lucy invited Jackson Gardener to one of her high school soccer games and she played really well. 

A blast from the past from our time in Phoenix. I love that Corban is sprinting around wearing the tree skirt as a cape. 

No comments: