Monday, January 15, 2024

April 2023

 

Lucy wanted to try out for a few teams, so she chose to try out for Phoenix Rising and CCV. She ended up making it onto the Phoenix Rising team and CCV B. It was kind of heartbreaking because we asked the PR coach (who we'd heard is an incredible coach) how he felt about Lucy missing Sundays and he said something like, "Oh, are you Mormon?" We said we were members of the church and then he said he couldn't have her on the team because she would miss 50% of their games. He encouraged her to do what she felt was best and not to sacrifice her religious choices to join the team. We went home afterward and she laid out her pros and cons of joining the team. Doug and I discussed it with her and prayed with her and told her we would support her decision this year. She chose to play for PR chiefly because she wanted to play with great players and have challenging practices. Two other girls from her old team, Karina and Emma, also made the  PR team and joined it. So far, it has not been that amazing. The team is incredibly cliquey and Lucy doesn't always get good playing time. In one game, she didn't play at all and I was so frustrated. She made JV B at school even after all that excellent training, a team that CCV A and B team members also made.  

This was the CCV tryout schedule. They pretty much had the girls scrimmage the whole time whereas the PR tryout was incredibly tough. 

Taking a break at the park on a beautiful day.


We had a fun Easter egg hunt and party at Michelle's house. 

I love seeing the kids getting back in the pool after a long winter away from it. 


We went to Kyle Kropf's 40th birthday party. It was really fun even though karaoke isn't something I'm super comfortable with. 


I love blooming cactuses!

I went on an overnighter campout led by Sharon that was pretty awesome! I did not get much sleep but it was beautiful. 

These toothbrushes are so cool!

This was my pillow. I could have done something better. 


This was our view in the morning in the Superstition Mountains.



I signed all my kids up for swim team. Brooklyn was violently against it but pulled through. Cason couldn't get into the time with the rest of the kids so I signed him up for Vistancia Vipers earlier in the morning. 

Doug took me to a Suns playoff game. He ended up going to the three of the games but I loved my one!



We were trying to find cute pictures of Lucy as a little girl for the 8th-grade slide show and used this one. She's so cute!

Our dining room with the temple picture Doug bought me. 

Rachel Pribyl at foodie group! We explore interesting restaurants. This one is Dave's favorite German restaurant, House Murphy, so I was less excited to go here than other places. 

This was how my piano looked a lot of the time, with each kid's notebook and music in their area on top of the piano. 

This football team drove us nuts. The coach played his son 90% of the time and barely played Cason. I asked him to make changes, and then asked his supervisor, but nothing improved. 

I helped out at a stake girl's primary activity. I took a soccer ball to the head and pulled through.  

No comments: