Today I am grateful to report that I have lost my Brooklyn weight. It took almost 6 months--2 days shy--to do it. I read a talk on hope this morning that talked about how we don't just hope for things. We have to work diligently for them. Such was definitely the case for me with dropping baby weight.
I'm so thankful for Mary Ann, who encouraged me to drop treats out of my diet a month ago. I had never done that in my life, and didn't think I could resist tempting foods. I haven't stayed away from all treats for the past month, as you know if you read my blog regularly, but I had two entirely treat-free weeks, and one week with just three treats total. Not only am I happy about losing the weight, but I am happy to know that I have self-control in this area.
Don't get me wrong. I am going to enjoy Thanksgiving like it's nobody's business! And what are my favorite food at Thanksgiving? My mom's famous cinnamon rolls, sweet potatoes laced with with maple syrup and marshmallows, my mom's stuffing, and fondue as an appetizer. And I will revel in the whole meal, pies included. But I will do it, knowing that I, Tara Bowen, actually have self-control. And it's a gift to know that.
So what do you love to eat and make at Thanksgiving?
3 comments:
Ohh! Congrats Tara! I am so excited for you! I remember feeling so relieved that I lost my baby weight before actually starting to train again- And the limiting of treats totally works. I was forced to do it because of Kings diet- so it was self control only because the consequence broke my heart. It was way easier for me because of that :)
Ugh. I so need to do that. My problem is that I think I like treats more than I would actually like being skinny, haha. Hope things are well up there.
Wow! Congratulations, Tara!!! Six months is really fast to lose baby weight, no? It seems fast. Seriously, way to go. I am very proud of you. Enjoy your Thanksgiving treats, my friend. As for me and Thanksgiving, I'm a sucker for the pies. I'm the only one who likes pumpkin pie around here, so I get the whole thing to myself. I also make this blueberry/raspberry pie that is pretty delicious, so I help everyone eat that, too. :)
Post a Comment