This was probably the busiest day I have had since teaching and doing Master's coursework at Utah State. And that was more than four years ago! So polite applause please, for the meetings, appointments, and rehearsals I survived today, and a shout-out to my amazing husband, who made a yummy dinner and watched the kids from 3 pm until bedtime today.
And some gratitude for my children, with background:
I love to work out. I am an endorphin junkie who wants her daily fix. Before October, I was running 5-6 times a week, usually 6. But when October came, I was injured and Lucy got sick. I started having a tough time finding my workout window. I'm not a morning person (which didn't hold me back from early morning runs in the summer...but my bridge injury made me think I should probably run less, and rest my foot.) So that meant I'd have to work out at Gold's Gym...only I couldn't bring Isaac and Lucy because Lucy was sick. So this meant I'd either have to go work out when Doug got home (right in the dinner window of time), or work out after the kids went to bed (which is my schoolwork/Doug time/down time). Usually, I can find a way to make a workout happen in the day. But it has been so hard since October!
Today, I was determined to work out. And it was hailing outside. So I helped my children put on snow pants and coats and mittens and boots and hats, and I tucked them into the stroller, draped a blanket over them, covered them with the plastic cover-all, and we went on a run:). p.s. I think they'd be understanding if I inserted here that they were NOT angels during that run.
No comments:
Post a Comment