Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful for Sandy and the "Itsy-bitsy Tiny-Weenie"....

Today, as I swam laps at the Gold's Gym pool (and I am grateful that I can even write that intro), I felt gratitude for Sandy.

A few weeks ago, I posted about my embarrassing bathing suit that I ruined in the wash. I kept swimming laps in it, despite the elephant-ish tendency it had to droop almost to my knees. Sandy read my post, and volunteered to ship one of her swimming suits from West Virginia, where she lives. She said it was a titch small on her. The swimsuit arrived in the mail a few days ago and I squeezed myself into it. Please envision squeezing a chunky 2-year-old into her cutest 3-6 month bathing suit. That is what I look like in my new bathing suit.

To improve the fit, I stretched the suit along our high chair, hoping the Spandex would bend its will to the chair. Then I stretched the suit another way and secured it to the chair once more, hoping to mitigate the "bulge" factor on my back, where the suit is supposed to have a charming oval opening that does not show exploding, plump flesh.

I pulled the suit off the high chair this evening, plunked it in my swim bag and went to the gym. And I swam:). Technically (according to my friend Katie's explanation) the suit fits. I can pull it up to the top of my ears. But wow, it sucks in a lot and plumps out everything it doesn't contain.

Sandy, I am grateful for you. My current reasoning for wearing the too-tight suit is that I'd rather be suction-cupped than elephant-ish (not "elephantine," because that means "huge"--I shall never wish to be elephantine). Bless you for giving me the choice:).

2 comments:

lindsay said...

Tara, thank you for making me laugh!

Sandy White said...

LOL, Tara!! I had a good laugh reading your post about the bathing suit. That thing IS small!!! I'm so glad you can wear it. And I guarantee you are in a *lot* better shape than I am. :)