We all know responsibility flies out the window when we go on vacation:). I have ignored the fact that I'm a teacher since Monday afternoon and it has felt really nice. I can't imagine the pain that will be involved when I begin grading student papers this Monday, but I'm not going to wrry about it until then:).
So here are some catch-ups:
1) I'm thankful for my mom's stuffing
2) I'm so thankful for having a great time with family
3) I love watching cousins play together and hug each other all the time
4) I like getting stocking stuffers for family on Black Friday. Invariably, I don't think of enough possibilities, and I don't plan for the future, but I like being a part of Black Friday...later on in the day. I have never tried the 4:20 am thing my mom did this morning.
5) I'm thankful that my mom and dad took the "big" kids to "Tangled" today. I love when they make an effort to focus on my children and make them feel special.
6) I love that i get naps on vacation. Part of me thniks I should have been reading my "Eye of the World" book. Another part thinks I should have been social. But it feels luxurious to get a nice long nap.
7) I'm thankful for my husband's hot muscles. His muscles get enormous when he does the slightest bit of working out. So I've enjoyed having him flex for me during the last few days, as he's been playing racquetball with my brother Marshall. Ah, muscles on my hot, hot man.
2 comments:
I love some good procrastination in the name of family time. Hope going back to the grindstone wasn't too painful!
Post a Comment