When I was growing up, I thought the best date on earth would be as follows: my sweetheart and I would sit on the same couch and read our separate books.
I've looked for that perfect date night throughout my light, and my estimation of suitors has raised when the suitors have proven worthy of this grand book-reading event.
Today, I went to get Isaac from his nap and he was still really sleepy. I turned his light on and his fan off, and went to go read my book club book on the couch (The Ranger's Apprentice Series: Book 1, The Ruins of Gorlan). Isaac came in a few minutes later, and snuggled with me as I read. Perfection.
Then perfection got better. We both heard the garage door opener, which we both know means "Daddy's home!" We looked at each other and smiled.
2 comments:
I love this because one of the ways that I knew John was the perfect man for me was that he would read books to me while my head was in his lap when we were dating (and I would often fall asleep and he didn't ever say anything about my probable snoring or possible drooling). True love. :)
Super cute:)
Post a Comment