I'll be honest and say that today was hard. I had the kids on my own for all but an hour of the day. Because I haven't let the children watch "shows" on my watch, I've done a lot of refereeing during their countless sharing and teasing dramas. I was the butt of a family joke (and when you're tired, that's less funny), and I've been grading papers like a mad woman, leaving no time for working out, pleasure reading, or getting enough time with my husband. Our financial situation is tough, and it's a difficult backdrop for the upcoming Christmas season. My gratitude moment was an oasis in a tough day. But here it was:
After putting Lucy down for her nap, I tucked Isaac in his bed and leaned over him, kissing his sweet forehead.
I looked into his beautiful hazel eyes and said, "Isaac, thank you for doing such a good job doing the silverware..." (kiss)..."and for putting your books away..." (kiss) "and for going potty when I asked you too..." (kiss). I looked into his cherubic face, smiling so sweetly at the kisses and soft words, and cherished the moment. He wants approval and kindness, and I love to give it to him. I pray for my precious, sweet boy to grow up into the man I know he can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment