Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Warning To the Wiser: Our Last Outing Together

Just before Spring Break ended for Doug, we decided that we needed to see a body of water larger than our toilet bowl. If our friends could hang out on the beaches all over the east coast, we could at least see a pretty lake.

So we drove out to Cheat Lake and had our last great adventure with our stroller. Some pictures in memoriam:


So what did we end up doing with our stroller, you ask? Did we sell it for a fair sum on Craigslist? Did we put it up for sale on Ebay? Wouldn't that have been lovely? But why don't you go ahead and ask the person WHO STOLE OUR STROLLER FROM OUR STAIRWELL??????????? That person now possesses our Schwinn Safari jogging stroller, the most luxurious, lovely baby-item I possessed and one that I definitely wasn't ready to say goodbye to.

The bad news (aside from the fact that our stroller is gone) is that I know we should have locked up our stroller. My grandma and her husband were on a crusade to make us get a lock for it, and other friends often asked if I wasn't worried about just leaving my stroller under our stairs. My response: "Yeah, we probably should get a lock for it... we just haven't gotten around to it." Darn it.
SO my invitation to you all: Be richer than I am so you can have a garage, wherein you can place your jogging stroller. Or lock up your stroller.
And if you see MY jogging stroller out there in the world, don't be afraid to approach the jogger, DEMANDING to know the origin of the stroller. Check for the little notch Doug made in the tray (which made it possible for us to attach Isaac's car seat). Look for the right break, which we chiseled away because it was really loud. Look for frayed wheels that need to be replaced because I have spent hundreds of hours with my baby and that blessed stroller. I checked on Ebay and Craigslist, and I suspect I'll ever be on the lookout for my sweet jogging stroller.
I sound bitter, huh? I don't really think I am--just bummed and well aware that I could have done more to prevent the theft. Happy Conference weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

Ryann Pinnegar said...

I haven't seen your stroller :( But I am THRILLED to hear from you. I was just talking about you last night with some friends (they don't know you, but I was telling them about some memories I had which you were in). I can't say much now (I have to clean the bathroom, wash my bedding, read my scriptures, and take a shower all within a half an hour so I can call my boyfriend by nine pm.) My email is rcbowns@ either yahoo or gmail, whichever you like better.

P.S. I love your last name!!!

The Herbert Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about your stroller, but maybe looking on the brighter side, you can no start looking for a double! Isaac is looking so grown up, isn't it crazy how fast they grow? I can't believe it sometimes. I hope you are feeling okay. I miss doing zumba with all you guys too, that was good times!

jls said...

Get a BOB Revlution stroller. We have one, and we HEART it. Just make sure your car seat is compatible with the adapter because we didn't check first, and now we juryrig the seat on there. We have the navy blue one.
http://www.amazon.com/Bob-Strollers-Revolution-Jogging-Stroller/dp/B000CEXNRQ
We've had cameras stolen and all sorts of things. I don't understand how anyone with a conscience can do that!
Still working on the blog invite thing. Been soooo busy! Argh!

jls said...

Erg, the Amazon link didn't post. Just do an Amazon search if you're interested.

Heather E. said...

That is such a bummer. I get really mad when people steal stuff! At first I thought this was a clever way of telling us that you have to buy a double stroller because of a new pregnancy or something, but stealing! Oh it's just wrong!

alexandra said...

That is so awful, Tara! It is such a terrible rage-filling feeling to know that someone has stolen from you. And they stole something that made them know they were stealing from a baby and a mom. I am wishing them some very excellent natural consequences.

Ok, I sound bitter. Don't worry; I am just enraged! :)

Jami Jackson said...

That is the saddest post ever!! I am so sorry to hear the news. That makes me wonder if I should lock up our double jogger that we carelessly put on our porch overnight sometimes. Hmmm . . . thanks for the warning and if I see your stroller, I won't be shy to ask the "stealer" where it came from (ha!).

Qian Jia Ting said...

You don't sound bitter at all, but if you wanted to be, I'd give you permission! We'll all keep a look out for the thief. Seriously, sad. Who steals a stroller??!!! Love your blog and it's great to be in touch again!

Jenny said...

Tara, I read this post a few days ago, and I am still so mad about what happened to you! I am so sorry. What kind of person steals from a baby?
p.s. i made a comment on my blog in response to yours--i never know if i should reply on my own blog or not!