Doug and I had fun watching conference this weekend, and one of our favorite talks was given by Elder Ballard. He talked about being renewed, and how it's important to be renewed so you can help other people and do everything that's on your plate AND be happy.
So here are some of the things that renew me:
1) playing with the girls--I love hanging out with my women (family and friends), doing stroller rides, helping each other make quilts, eating, laughing. Girl time is essential.
2) I love the outdoors. I went on an awesome "stroller ride" with my friend Amy today and it was quite delightful. Give me nice weather, budding trees, fresh air, and a walking buddy any day.
3) I usually love running and swimming.
4) I love reading (in moderation--if it becomes too encompassing I become rude with Doug, and I don't like that).
5) Writing! Blogging is nice for me because I'm journaling (useful) and getting to play with words (a hobby ever since I learned how to write).
6) Going on dates with Doug--my favorite memories are with my sweetheart, and he's the genius behind all our best adventures.
So that's some of what came to mind for me. How 'bout for you?
2 comments:
Hmmm...exercise, hubby time, actually having the motivation to doll myself up and get out of the house, working on a worthwhile project. That is what usually renews me.
BTW, my blog issues are fixed. Yay!
I was totally renewed by conference itself. I just felt so loved and touched after so many of the talks given. I, too, have a lot of the same interests as you (i.e. running, outdoors, reading). I think what renews me the most though is just being around good people who are happy and uplifting. It was so nice to run into you and Amy on the trail the other day. In our little encounter I felt renewed because you two are such great people. Ahhh . . . if I can only be sure to find people like you wherever I go. Thanks for the great post!
Post a Comment