Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Beautiful Day for a Stroller Ride

I loaded up the lad...

took pictures of the gorgeous, fragrant trees we see every day...


and went to the Rail Trail (West Virginian for "bike path").

We were meeting friends to do a stroller ride, and Isaac and I got there first. So we picked up rocks, smelled flowers, chased geese (on private property) and our friends came.

This time, we were 5 women, 2 toddlers, and 4 infants strong. I've probably used up 100 minutes coordinating stroller rides in the last few weeks, and I tried to be sparing yesterday (meaning I only coordinated with two girls and urged them to spread the word). If you weren't on our walk, and you could have been, Abby and I are the staples of stroller riding, so call us to see if we're planning a stroller riding event! What a great walk, what awesome friends, what a beautiful state.

And the countdown has really begun. Next Tuesday, Isaac and I are leaving West Virginia for 4 months! We'll be in Utah for a month (Doug will join us way too far into that month) and then we'll head up to Idaho Falls, Idaho for three months (keeping in mind that I plan to be in Utah with family as much as humanly possible). Back to binning and boxing...

8 comments:

Jenn said...

You're the only one that caught onto the fact that we were W.T. (white trash) and left Maddy in her p.j.'s all day! LOL! I mostly felt W.T. about it because we even took her into walmart like that! Ha! We were just so supremely tired and lazy yesterday that I (who am usually the dressing nazi) even had to surrender my OCD, and you know, it was fun!
I love you too! Hey, and when you come to Utah and you have some time on your hands and you're sick of family, how about a lunch date maybe??
(and this is still Jenn Savage, I just logged into my other gmail account)

Allie said...

Sounds like fun. I bet your fam is so excited for you to head west! I saw a Schwinn jogging stroller on the Washington DC craigslist recently and thought of you...

Sara and Dustin said...

That sounds like so much fun to go walking with other moms and kids. If you're looking for something to do in June while you're in Utah and Idaho, feel free to come up to our cabin in Montana! It would be really fun to have you play on the lake with us.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Hey there I am! Thanks friend! I missed our stroller ride today! but I will see you tomorrow!!

Jenn said...

Dorjjugder KhishigjargalB.g District 13th Khoroo b=g 9210UlaanbaatanMongolia
I had incomplete information for Sister K. This is from Sis Spackman. Good luck tracking her down, I have tried. cute blog.Fun to see what everyone is doing.

dave&abby johnson family said...

I didn't know that you already left!! I didn't even get to say good bye! Well, I hope you have a wonderful summer and am hoping to stay updated through the blog!

p.s. your hubby was missing you today!:(

Nettie said...

I was randomly blog hopping and ran across your blog at saw a lot of things that were familiar, including many of the names in your side bar. (I attend the same ward with many of them.) The blogging world is still pretty small!

I'm glad you have been able to enjoy the beautiful spring weather we've had.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Happy Late Mother's Day!