Friday, May 16, 2008

Greetings and News From Utah!

I've committed the unforgivable blogging sin of going MIA for too long. I've been staying with my parents in Highland, Utah and they have dial-up. So I have looked at my blog once... it took me 15 minutes to see my blog and the invitation to log in never arrived. Right now, I'm at my beautiful sister's house, playing with her brand-new baby boy, Cabell, and hanging out with her while she paints a jungle in one of their rooms.

Things of note for my little Bowen family in the last little while:

1) Doug just finished a writing contest at the Law School and I am SO proud of him! I love it when he writes, and I think there are few things in life that are more attractive than the fact that my husband writes well. Isn't that funny? But I'm an English nerd and I love it.

2) We got our little nephew, Cabell William Buechner on Wednesday night, weighing in at 8 pounds, 6 ounces. Way to go, Peanut! She was only in the hospital for 45 minutes before her little boy arrived!

3) I've had some fun bonding time with her two little girls, River and Haven, while Peanut's been in the hospital. My mom has been doing most of the work with them and I've just gotten to play with them.

4) And oh, by the way, I'm pregnant:). I'm almost four months along and we won't find out the gender of our new baby until we go to Idaho Falls, even though I could find out now if I were in West Virginia. My morning sickness has been abysmal, but I regained some semblance of quality of life about a month ago, and things are better. I can't believe how incapacitating nausea can be. I basically had the stomach flu for 3 months. You better believe I was a champion thrower-upper. I found myself coaching my mom on the most effective way to throw up... pretty remarkable. And I cheerfully planned my funeral service with my mom and sister. That was a blast:). I assigned musical numbers and talks, etc. Somehow, I survived, and I am so relieved to have a better life now. I am THRILLED that we get a new little one in October, actually due on Isaac's birthday, October 21st.

15 comments:

Sara and Dustin said...

CONGRAULATIONS!!! ...on being pregnant and getting a new nephew. I completely and utterly understand about being that sick during the first trimester - except mine usually lasts from 4-5 months. It's really undescribable how awful it is. Also, my sister (Beth) is going through all that with you at the same time! She is due in Nov. I was due on Thurs...

Allie said...

Congratulations to you and congratulations to Michelle and Eric. How exciting for all of you!! Morning sickness while caring for another child is awful, but I'm glad to read you are surviving!

Valerie said...

What wonderful news! I'm so excited for you and Doug, and I'm glad that the morning sickness is subsiding. You're such a champ!

Phillip and Mary said...

Great to hear from you! We miss you out here!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! That's great news, Tara! And congrats to Michelle too! I'm sorry to hear you've been so sick--glad to hear things are going better now.

Qian Jia Ting said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!!!!

Just Us said...

Holy goodness I had almost given up on your blog, and I am glad that I persisted in blog stalking you because I am so excited for you!! Congrats! Four months along? You are the ultimate secret keeper! I never could have lasted that long! And I, like your other commenters, feel your morning sickness pain. I wasn't free until the third trimester, but I sure made up for lost time in cravings!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Its about time! I have missed you and needed some updates! I cant wait to hear what you are having!! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Keep in touch!

Decker and Christine said...

Congrats, Tara! We are so excited for you!! It breaks my heart I haven't met your first baby, and here you are, ready to have your second! I hope everything goes well and you're feeling okay.

Catherina said...

Wonderful GIRL! I happened by your blog and am sooo happy to see you and your beautiful family! This is Sista Held! Now Gailey. I've missed you! Congrats on your baby on the way and your little boy too. What good times we used to have.
Hope we can keep in touch.

love you!
Cat
flirt_i@hotmail.com
catherinaandbrett.blogspot.com

Julia Kelly said...

Good to get a little update! And also glad that you are feeling better, there is nothing worse then feeling like you're going to throw up. But, it sounds like you are a pro-thrower upper now? :)
Are you going to be in Utah all summer?

Andrea Fowler said...

Congrats Tara and Doug! It will be fun to see how close this baby comes to Isaac's birthday. Any plans for a trip to MN this summer? Let us know.

Ryann Pinnegar said...

I'm so glad you found me! I love knowing what is going on in your life. I am engaged (the date is in August) and am feeling like my own little family is very near. I have many of your posts marked so I can find them again when I start to have those experiences. I love you! PS - I use Google Reader, do you? It's great!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I am so sorry that you were so sick. That is not fun. I am sure that you were still the most happy cheerful person ever. We miss you tons. I'm glad that you are having fun and getting to see all of your family. Keep in touch!! Love ya girl!!

Phillip and Mary said...

Tara,

This is so lame, but for lack of a better way to contact you in writing, I wanted to thank you for helping with our big baby shower. I know you did a ton to help, and all while not feeling very well. Thank you thank you thank you!

Mary