This post is way too long, but I haven't written in way too long.
1) Internet:
Doug and I just got Internet service for our two remaining months in Idaho Falls. Finally, I get to look at your blogs, see what's going on with you, and write more myself. We are cheap, so we are using a dial-up service that is supposedly many times faster than normal dial-up. We paid three whole extra dollars for it. I've got my doubts though. Our main blog picture has yet to appear and I've been reading blog entries for the past hour (can you tell that I haven't been online for a long time?!) Although I'd like to post pictures, and I'll give it the old college try, it may really be painful. I'm going to learn patience, which will be great because Isaac is into tantrums at the moment. As he would say, "Cool!"
Speaking of cool, 2) A House (in 3) Idaho Falls):
We weren't planning to live in a house all by ourselves. Doug's mom's awesome friend Sharon offered to let us stay with her family over the summer (on the condition that we dog-sat for her family while they were on vacation). That sounded like a great deal, and we were pumped not to pay rent. A few weeks ago, Sharon contacted Doug to let him know her mother-in-law had just passed away... and would we like to stay in the mother-in-law's home for the summer? (of course, again remembering to dog-sit for Sharon's family when they went on vacation:)). Doug said yes. So we live in a home! All by ourselves!
The home was built in 1957 and was pretty cutting-edge for its day. You better believe we have red heating lamps overhead to keep us warm after showers, and yes, the bedding is from 1957. We're thrilled to have it all, even for a little while. I've spent a lot of time hunting for Pyrex and dustbins, towels and vacuums, but the adventure has been so worth it. Buying a house is a while away for us, so we're savoring this experience.
3) Idaho Falls
I like it. The weather is lame (possibly 55 degrees outside on June 4th? Come on!) But we live 8 stroller-riding minutes away from the Idaho Falls Zoo. Which means I can call my family and friends and say, "Hey, I'm staring at two Bactrian camels right now; how 'bout yourself?" That makes me happy.
On my runs with Isaac, we pass llamas and ducks, which are equally special to Isaac. I just think that's amazing. We live right by an enormous park with possibly ten play-grounds and tons of room to run and explore. The park even has it's own amusement park, which includes a choo-choo train Isaac rode all by himself and a merry-go-round I rode with him on Saturday. So the outdoors stuff here is awesome. And Doug has been taking me on adventures every night, intent on his campaign to help me fall in love with Idaho Falls. He seals the deal by taking me to barbecues and watching episodes of "The Office" with me every night.
And lastly, we know what we're having in October. We'll get a 2-year-old boy on October 21st, and his baby sister is expected to join us that same day! I have REALLY wanted the baby in my belly to be a girl for practical reasons. I gave all of my baby boy clothes to Peanut in May for her little Cabell, and I didn't want us to have to ship clothes back and forth for the next several years. I thought it would be way better to get all Peanut's girl clothes and give her all my boy clothes for now. So it all worked out:). Plus, Doug and I had nearly exhausted our supply of plausible boy names. Our girl name supply is flourishing, so that'll be great.
And I'm happy to get a little girl. Doug is too:).
So that's it for recent updates. I'll be more regular, I promise, and you'll probably get lots of posts about tantrums since they're en vogue at the moment. Back to reading your updates!
13 comments:
YEAH!! I got your message, I am such a bad friend! I am calling you tomorrow! CONGRATS, we are so excited for you! Girls are the best!!
Congrats on the great news! Glad you are enjoying the house and the zoo!
Yea for girls! We are having another ultrasound in the next couple of weeks, so we will do a double-check before our final girl preparations get under way. I am so excited to meet your own little girl!
Hurray for a girl! Pressure is off, now you have one of each and don't have to wonder if you'll ever have a girl. My cousin just had her fourth boy and is trying to decide whether she's up for trying for a girl. You will be amazed by how different it is to raise a girl from raising a boy. It sounds like you have a great summer set-up! Tell your sister to jump on the blog band wagon.
Yay! Baby girls are so much fun! I was a little worried when I first found out Laralyn was going to be a girl...but it is a blast. It's great you can share clothes with your sis!
I'm so excited for you! It's such a fun thing to hear this sort of news! Plus you get to have a boy and a girl, and I think that's pretty dang cool. Personally, I think you should name her either Margot or Esme. Or Jenn. All incredibly unique names. :)
Congratulations! A little sister for Isacc. This all sounds very familiar (boy, then girl...).
Sounds like you guys are having a blast! I am so glad you only have to pay rent in one place! Congrats on your girl!
Congrats on expecting a GIRL!! You will love having a girl in your little family. Although they can be emotional, they are so dang cute!! I'm glad everything is going so well in Idaho. That's awesome you're in a real home for now. I wish I could say the same for us (I just need to be patient!).
HEllo!!!! We soooo miss you guys but I am sure you are loving life. You sound like life is one awesome adventure where you are at. I wish I could go to the park with you guys everyday. I am in shock that you can run when you are pregnant. I am going to need some advice and tips so that I can do it my next pregnancy. You go girl!!
Oh yeah and congrats on having a little girl!! How awesome is that!!!
yeah for little girls! thats so fun. i wish there was a zoo close to us. Pittsburgh is just a little too far away to make frequent trips.
Congratulations!! We are so excited for you. A girl...won't that be so fun!
Post a Comment