On Saturday morning, we went to the Bowen family reunion. We learned that there are 614 descendants just from Doug's grandma and grandpa--that's incredible--no polygamy or nothin' (do you like how I'm employing my Idahoan accent?)! Lots of those descendants met in Bountiful, Utah, for our bi-annual gathering. I don't expect a ton from these reunions--just food, folks, and some fun. But this time, I got to meet Jordan, Doug's older brother.
Here's a picture of the brothers:
Jordan is a kind, funny, cool guy. He's also a lot taller than the other Bowen boys. I hope that we can keep hanging out with him this summer...
Because it has been so long since Doug has spent time with Jordan, he wanted to spend the rest of the day with his immediate family. This sounded great, except that I had two family functions to go on Saturday. I was the Christ-like, thoughtful one and I let Doug stay with family while I toted Isaac around for the rest of the day.
I helped my mom clean her house in preparation for a bridal shower she was hosting at 6 for my cousin, Alyssa, and then we dropped in on a 4 pm going away party for my uncle. He is going to become a way-richer-than-normal lawyer in NYC in a month or so and his family is transplanting there from Ogden, Utah. I'm sure the transition will be seamless:).
The highlight of family function #2 was having my cute, autistic cousin, Connor, inform me that Jesus is dead over and over again. Informing him of the glorious resurrection had little effect on him, as he continually countered my declarations of faith with "Jesus is dead." Thanks, Connor; I'll keep that in mind:). Another highlight occurred when my sister-in-law Breezy started laughing at me for chugging Isaac's water from his sippy. I hadn't even noticed that what I was doing was bizarre.
Then came family function #3: the shower. Alyssa appreciated the ghastly offerings from D.I. and modeled them for us, as any true Sheide would. She did have the willies, knowing I had deliberately not washed her special little numbers. But she looked hot. I spent a lot of the shower feeding my little boy and feeding myself. I've been gaining weight like a champ, by the way. Call me or send me a note if you need to know how to put on the pounds because I know what it takes. I'm still in awe of my friend in West Virginia, Liz, who only gained 20 pounds her whole pregnancy. How is such a feat accomplished?! I'll be really offended if you call me or send me a note asking for HER formula for low weight gain. That is out of style, you guys. Getting big is cool! (Or it's just what happens, so you call it cool:)).
And Isaac gets to close this post in his relaxed stroller pose.
8 comments:
I laughed the entire read! Jesus is dead! Your son suddenly looks more like a child than a baby. Isn;t it weird how they grow up so fast? I am so happy for you having a girl! Don't worry, I gained 50 pounds during both pregnancies. Unfortunately, my kids were around 7 pounds and the placenta was not the 40 pounds I was hoping for.
Drinking out of a sippy cup is just what you've got to do. I do it every day.
You sound like you are staying super busy. You go girl. Thanks for calling me. It was so good to hear your voice. I must admit that Isaac is so cute. I just adore that kid. Oh and just so you know, you looked so good when you were pregnant. Besides, if you run while you are pregnant, that is far more amazing than only gaining 20 pounds. That takes a lot of hard work and discipline. You get five stars in my book!!!!!
I had such a great laugh over the sippy cup thing. It's funny because I have done that very thing, and then caught my husband looking at me weirdly. :) What can I say, water tastes better from a green spouted cup! :)
Also, I would love to get together with everyone. I have forgotten already when you wanted to do it, so I'll have to go back and look. My number is 801836-0674, give me a call if you guys do end up organizing something!
Ah, the things little ones say...... A four year old at my new ward told me his version of the Easter story. Apparently, "Jesus did something really bad, and they shot him with a nail gun onto a cross, and he died. Three days later, he came back to life." When I asked what the coming back to life was called (hoping for resurrection), he replied, "A myth."
Actually, wait, it wasn't three days later, according to the kid, it was 40.
If you're coming to Utah soon, let me know! You and Isaac are definitely invited to the pool in my front yard! I can't believe how grown-up he's looking! Yikes!
OK It's time for Preggy pics I'm excited for you guys to be on kid number two the adventures with Issac are just so wonderful that i can't imagine what the next will be like!
It's so good to hear how you are doing!! Isaac is so cute!! Congrats on the little girl. I'm so excited for you!! Enjoy Idaho cause man it's humid out here. Can't wait to see your cute belly in a few months.
Post a Comment