Monday, June 30, 2008

I Feel Like a Woman

I got a pedicure (with a gift certificate). I got my hair cut (and forgot to use the coupon I had for it in my purse). I bought some new clothes (returning other ones so the end result didn't feel so pricey), lotion (at a Bath and Body Works sale!), and mascara (full price, Albertson's). I didn't buy teeth whitener or any defrizzing serum, so at least I have used some restraint:). My crusade to look pretty even while pregnant has been coming along nicely.

Some things I'd recommend as a result of my shopping and primping spree:

1) Don't buy a pretty purple bra with way more padding than normal, reasoning that it's gross when peoples' nipples show and that'll never happen with this bra... besides, your spouse may like it... I just feel like I'm wearing 4 boobs (sure glad I don't have male readers:)). Who wants EXTRA chest when they're pregnant?

2) Victoria's Secret bikini-cut undies are perfect for running! I thought they may be and I was right. (They're on sale right now so go get'em)!

3) Don't be offended when your mother, upon hearing someone compliment your dress, informs the complimenter that, "[Tara] has limited options right now." Thanks, Mom. I gave her a talking to afterward, letting her know that I had bought this dress on purpose to look nice, not to serve as a model of limited options. Sigh...:)

4) Get a pedicure! I loved mine! I got one just before my wedding that was nice, but this was so much better! Go to Le Nails in the University Mall in Orem if you live near there, because the family that runs the store is so nice and the guy who did my pedicure was fantastic! I am completely sold and I delight in my lovely toenails.

5) Go get that pedicure with an in-law or someone else who you want to get to know better. I went with my sister-in-law, Breezy, and we had a blast.

7 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

always enjoy reading your posts. and yes, pedicure are fabulous! i'm going to utah this week so maybe i'll have to stop by university mall to get one. :)

dave&abby johnson family said...

You are so cute! I will have to agree I LOVE pedicures! They are the best. When you get home we will have to go get one!

jls said...

It's a little known fact that I HEART Victoria's Secret, so believe you me, I have DONE the sale!
And I've never had a "real" pedicure, though I have been sorely tempted.....

McArthur Family said...

You crack me up!

Love you- amber

Just Us said...

Okay, here's my question? Do the people at Le Nails speak english fluently? If so, it might be worth it to go so I don't feel like the women are bad talking my thick ankles in another language. Call me paranoid if you must, but seriously, I know they're looking. :)

jls said...

(In response to your comment on my blog): Au contraire...we followed the Lord's counsel/a prompting we had to give up the Pill in an attempt to try for a family somewhere in the year, not knowing that our "Que sera, sera" method of family planning would have me knocked up three weeks later. We were scared, a little angry even, 'cause we felt so unprepared and gypped of that "honeymoon period." I think only now are we realizing the blessing James is in our lives. We might have followed a prompting, but I never felt too faithful because I felt like I was the only person alive who was angry when that little test showed an extra pink line.
But, we have James, and I am very glad we have him, craziness and all. I think Josh and I both needed/need to grow a lot, and I think if we had our drothers, we would have put off having kids until we couldn't any more, and I think that is why we were prompted to act early.

The Family Home Evening Phantom said...

Pedicure good. Cookies good too.