You'd think that after a run, I'd be willing to do just about anything for my blessed child. But that's when I'm thirsty and hungry and need to go to the bathroom (thank you, pregnancy). So we have conflicting interests. Here Isaac relaxes in his garden in the front yard, brazenly ignoring my pleas to come inside with me.
And here is Isaac's toy station. We owe the glory of this station to a successful garage sale excursion a few Saturdays ago. We got a whole box of toys (which included dozens of cars and G.I Joe accessories) for $2 and we got a bunch of free stuff. Isaac and I don't typically have conflicting interests regarding this toy station. We both deeply, deeply cherish said station for different reasons:). For the germophobes out there, yes, Doug and I disinfected everything.
And a cute moment from last night: We did a family home evening revolving around prayer. We'd say these words and act out the motions, "We fold our arms... and close our eyes... and pray to Heavenly..." to which Isaac would respond, "Fawdder." It was pretty sweet.
And something unrelated to our kid, since blogs are way kid-heavy: Um... my cousin is having a bridal shower on Saturday and I'm planning on getting her something really "special" for her honeymoon from either a garage sale or D.I. A garage sale would be best, but I'll settle for D.I. if necessary. Anyway, I'm thinking of going with the theme, "Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue." Can you think of anything to give her for the "borrowed" part? I'd like it to be funny but not incriminating for me. The blue will be condoms in a blue box for sure, but I need to resolve the rest. Have a great day and feel free to deal out suggestions:).
8 comments:
Isaac is so cute, he has grown up so much! He looks like a little boy! We miss you guys, but it looks like you are having some fun!
hmmm, i'll have to think about that "something borrowed".
on a another note, good for you with your running while pregnant! you go girl! Exercise is key to my happiness. If i don't get out and do something, i get kinda cranky. :)
Oh Tara... I can't :( I am in San Diego from July 16-21 for my brothers graduation and my wedding anniversary is actually the 29th. That is actually the only trip we have planned- two of my brothers will be having new babies this year so we aren't doing anything family related until all the babies are born after the holidays.
I would love to come though and probably could have figured out a way to get there about a month ago :(
Boo.
Tara, I am so glad we found each other in the blogging world! It is so much fun to see pictures and read updates. Bless Isaac for cooperating with your running--maybe he can teach my kids!
Look at you running while pregnant again! Good job on the garage sale finds.
"Fawdder"...so cute!
for the borrowed: maybe you could lend her some advice in a book of advice that everyone passes around and writes in. or just "lend" her a favorite lovey dovey poem of yours? I really worked hard on that suggestion, let me tell you!
I would love to spend time with you this summer...let me know when you are coming to town so we can play. At the very least, I hope to see you when MaryAnn is in town the end of July.
Post a Comment