As a result of my quality time in "What to Expect: the Toddler Years," I feel better equipped to deal with Isaac's clinginess, and I now know that my kid knows more than 50 words! I counted 81 (and stopped, officially, for the day). Good work, Isaac!
The book says kids may know how to say 50 words at 18 months (Isaac's 18 months old on Monday) so I decided to count up Isaac's words in his baby book while the macaroni and cheese was cooking. And then I kept tacking words on during Isaac's nap...
Here are the 81 words (feel free to skip--this is chiefly for my journaling benefit): daddy; ball; fish; baby; careful; up; Jesus; pillow; frog; dog; donkey; monkey; cow; star; eye; no; duck; temple; bagel; bread; milk; sheep; chicken; moon; rabbit; more; horse; shoe; car; sock; pear; apple; boat; raccoon; truck; bear; chair; butterfly; tractor; bird; pool; bath; shark; spoon; plane; sun; copter (helicopter); cart; keys; rooster; brush; hi; goodbye; thank you; kitten; rocket; lion; book; River; rainbow; zebra; paci; turtle; blankee; football; mittens; kangaroo; hello; balloon; mouse; fire; comb; mush; light; peacock; banana; snake; hippo; crocodile; penguin; camel.
That's what I can think of so far. Notably absent on that list, unfortunately, is "mommy." I deserve to have "mommy" on that list. It's my right. But Isaac just isn't consistent with that word. I'll show him pictures of me, ask who it is, and Isaac will start giggling. It's funny not to say "mommy." Isaac and I may be in Utah for three weeks without Doug, and Doug worries that Isaac will forget him. No chance, but maybe he'll learn"mommy" during that time?
Isaac got his first bloody lip today, and I think he and I both handled it pretty well. We were outside by the football stadium and Isaac thought it would be cooler to run on the cement than the grass. So he fell twice. Once, he landed on his hands and did fine. The next time, he did a face plant and has a goose-egg to prove it. It's a bloody goose-egg, and our hands were covered in blood. I didn't have tissues on hand, so I wiped the blood on the grass and took Isaac to the bathroom in the football building. He did well letting me clean him up with soap and water and I took him home and gave him Tylenol. We're going to pick Doug up from school now, so I'll sign off!
1 comment:
Brendan doesn't like to say "mommy" either! It kills me sometimes but when he does say it, it melts my heart. Isaac is such a cute kid though and I'm so proud of all his words!jWay to go!
Post a Comment