Sunday, February 21, 2016

October 2015

October was such a great month. We started it the best way possible! We took our kids to stay with my mom and Peanut and Doug and I went to an Idina Menzel concert. Eric had heard about it and told Doug about it in July. Doug quickly bought us tickets, and it was heavenly. Doug got more pictures. My phone battery died after this picture. But we were so close! She was so talented, and made all of us love her. Doug and I stayed at a hotel in Provo for a few nights, ate a lot of amazing food, hiked the Y (Doug carved our initials in a bench), went to the temple, went to a BYU football game, and watched some of conference. It was such a great get-away.
The kids at Mom's bar. I zoomed in to see what they're doing, but I can't figure it out.
I tried to tell my preschool mom friends how much I loved Brooklyn's preschool workbook, and I provided a sample of Brooklyn's great work.
I love how Isaac turns homework into an opportunity for creativity.
The ultimate cheesy smile! I could have had Isaac do picture retakes, but I just loved the beaming cheese. He looks so grown up and funny in this picture. I'd love to use it in his wedding video some day.
Another really fun thing was BYU-I employee day up by Teton. We'd been hoping to do horseback riding, carriage rides, and canoeing like the other time we went, but this time we settled for archery, a lunch, face painting and pumpkin decorating. It still had cotton candy, and was fun for us.
I'm posting both of these pictures because I look better in this one and neither of Doug's ears are flopping over in the second one. We do an annual Halloween party with friends, and this year Doug and I came as Captain America and Black Widow. Doug got awarded best costume, best death (he leapt off the Nielsen's card table and broke it in the process), and scariest picture.
This was Brooklyn's dance recital. She did a little dance class for a few months (only $10 total) and the recital was darling. Brooklyn could lift her leg very high and she did a great job dancing to "Lollipop". If the class resumes this spring, she'll want to go.
And this is beautiful Lucy on her birthday. I'm not sure what was painted on her face.
Lucy and Ethan share the same birthday, so Kelcee and I came into their classroom to celebrate with them and pass out a few treats. True to Lucy's personality, she put on ALL the birthday costume dress up that Ethan didn't want.
We did a birthday party for Lucy, Haylee, and Ethan at Elite Gymnastics. It was a really great deal, and the kids had a blast. I got to do all kinds of cool things there too, including vault, tramp, and bars.
The birthday kids. We did Isaac's birthday a few weeks before this at Person Park. It was a costume party, and it was a ton of fun.

No comments: