Wednesday, October 24, 2007

$8.70 Happily Spent


I had so much fun last night at the Morgantown Public Library book sale! We made it a family event--all of us walked away with several goodies.
Isaac got books about the Renaissance and King Arthur (which I'm sure he'll want to read right away) as well as the lyrics to Lion King (which I memorized when I was younger), some bible books, a pop-up book, and a collection of award-winning children's stories. How fun for him!
Doug found Chariots of Fire, which we watched last night, and a Pulitzer Prize winning book-on-tape called Angela's Ashes. He probably would have gotten more, but he was good enough to watch Isaac crawl around all over the place with a new little friend while I happily scanned the racks.
So what did I walk away with, aside from a reconfirmed faith in the existence of bargains in the world? I got The Color of Water (which describes Redhook, one of the scarier areas from my mission BEAUTIFULLY), The Catcher in the Rye, all the What to Expect books, Northanger Abbey, The Great Divorce, Pygmalion, The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, and Crime and Punishment. How awesome!
And we only spent $8.70. I spent some of my morning reorganizing our book shelves to make room for our new additions. I'm reading Bonds That Make Us Free right now (and I'd love to discuss it with anyone who has read it) but I look forward to diving into my new books soon.

No comments: