Wednesday, July 1, 2009

We Survived and We Got Ourselves a House!

It's official. We survived whatever-that-darn-virus-was-that-might-have-been-swine-flu and Doug drove to Pocatello yesterday to close on our house. Which is exciting. My new goal for July is to help the month FEEL like we're experiencing summer-time.

This morning, after getting lost several times, even on an abandoned gravel road, we found the "beach." Yeah, it belongs in quotation marks. But no problem. Utah Lake has a beach now and I think we're going to spend a lot of time there.

I finished the 4 Fablehaven books and felt motivated to try submitting my work. Why is it so hard for me to focus on that? Ahhh!

5 comments:

The Herbert Family said...

Congrats on the house Tara! I am happy that you guys are feeling better! We sure miss you around here, but I love to read your blog and see how things have been going! You have such a beautiful family!

Valeri Crockett said...

So glad you are all feeling better! I'm excited to go try out the beach. Maybe we can make plans and go together next week!

Congrats on being official homeowners, that's so exciting;)

McArthur Family said...

My brother was diagnosed with swine flu by the doctor and their lab but then the state lab said he didn't have it...who knows. Anyway, I'm sooooooo sorry to hear your family had to go through sickness.

Yeah for the house! I can't wait to see pictures!

Catherina said...

Congratulations on the house! Sounds like lots of fun is ahead of you! Enjoy it:-) and glad to hear you are feeling better:-)

cat

Allie said...

Congratulations on the house! We loved the Fablehaven books. The author, Brandon Mull, is (this is going to sound confusing) my sister, Jessie's sister-in-law's sister's brother-in-law. Or, since Jessie is also friends with her sister-in-law's sister, I suppose we can say Jessie's friend's brother-in-law is Brandon Mull. So, to quote Space Balls..."What does that make us?" "Absolutely nothing." Fun reads though.