Monday, July 20, 2009

Thick as Blood

I am happy today. The birth of my little unofficial niece.



Christina Faith Just was born last week and took the liberty of smiling on her second day of life. Pretty incredible. And you get to look at it.
Chris, her daddy, has always been my "other" brother. It's one of those instances where he may as well be my brother because he so COMPLETELY belongs to the Sheide family. He made an incredibly wise decision when he married Olga, the coolest Belarusian I've ever met. I don't know how he got lucky enough to marry someone perfect for him, but he did. And they gave me my unofficial niece. Sigh. Happiness for the rest of the day, and for the rest of eternity, I hope!
Other updates, to make it feel like I'm recording my life:
1) We got to see Baby McKay blessed yesterday in Delta and play with all sorts of delightful family relations. McKay did the right thing in deciding not to spit up all over his little white outfit.
2) I've been boxing and binning like a madwoman.
3) I desperately need to muster up the energy to put a new toilet seat on our toilet.
4) Lucy is still not a crawler; army crawling is her thing, and it bugs because she gets rug burns on her arms and knees. But she can pull herself up to sitting and standing!
5) Isaac got a mildly horrific buzz cut last night, and I'm still adjusting. If I just look at his face, he's still beautiful:).
6) Doug's bar exam starts next Monday! AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! And lasts for three days!!!!
7) And we move next Friday...
Wish us luck:).
8) Um, just got back on to report that I removed our old toilet seat and replaced it with our new one... which is too short. Yes, it would have have been more effective to test the size before installing. Sigh... To anyone out there who suspects that I am smarter than you are, dispel the thought immediately. I truly do things the hard way!

1 comment:

Valeri Crockett said...

The wedgy made me laugh and wow that is a beautiful little baby! Thanks again for monitor sitting today and for the yummy salad. I'm sure Lucy is getting rug burns. . .she army crawls like it's nobody's business!

Hang in there Tara. . . I hope next week goes fast and smooth.

Good luck on the test Doug!!

;)Val