I won't take away from the complaining of last night, but I do have to add a couple of my delights from the last little while for fast journaling purposes (It's faster to type than write by hand).
Isaac has always been a reader. We read "Winnie the Pooh" together when he was just a few months old and he has loved reading ever since. As I write this, Isaac is snuggled into a corner of his room by his bookshelf, where he spends large chunks of time in the morning, happily taking books out, "reading" them, and reaching into the bookshelf for his next story. I LOVE that about this kid. I've never understood how kids taught themselves to read just by being read to, but I'm hoping that happens with Isaac. (I'm also hoping potty training "happens" to Isaac, with little to no effort on my part:)). We have already read his Animal Encyclopedia this morning, and I'm banking on reading all five stories in our Sesame Street book at some point today. Hard to begrudge the cuddle/learn time.
For those of you wondering what to do with kid #1 when you have to feed kid #2, I'll just say that Isaac and I have had a lot of fun reading stories while I feed Lucy. Getting cuddle time with both your kids every couple hours is relaxing and time-efficient:).
And I delight in the fact that Isaac ran up to me as I was writing this and said, "Hey Mommy? Lets do some breakfast." From my picky, typically unwilling eater, that is truly music to my ears.
Another delight for me was my temple trip yesterday. I went with Troy, Chris, and Olga, and Peanut watched my kids so that we could actually appreciate our Draper Open House experience. Chris was our neighbor growing up in Virginia and he really is like family to us. It was awesome to walk through the temple with Chris and Olga (his new wife) and share our knowledge and faith regarding the temple. Seeing Chris get sealed to his beautiful wife in the temple would be one of the sweetest, richest experiences of my life. I do believe that friends can be together after this life, as well as families. It just feels fair. I loved how many pictures there are of the Savior in that temple and the artwork is incredible. If you're in the area, you can get tickets at lds.org and the Open House only lasts until the end of this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment