I know people who write better than I do. And it's a bummer, but hey, I'll live:).
I'll just say it has been AWESOME combing through my zip drive full of microfiction, fiction, nonfiction and poetry. I love my work, and that healthy love for my brainage (stuff that drips out of my brain) will hopefully carry me through a lot of rejection. I have adjusted my goals for this year, and I hope to submit 100 pieces this year for publication. It'll be tough for lots of reasons:
1) Lucy
2) Isaac
3) my home that needs constant tidying
4) I don't remember how to write effective cover letters and so I need to talk to writers wiser than myself--almost all of whom I haven't talked to in a good long while.
5) I have other projects, like my Valentines and reading "Three Cups of Tea," ""The Elements of Style," and "Why Crickets Cry" that feel more immediate.
6) my church callings
7) And I want to play with my husband and the rest of my family as much as possible.
My goals for this week will hopefully help me approach my enormous goals in a moderately brisk, but manageable fashion. This week, I hope to have Kelly take pictures of my family for our Valentine's letter, write our family Valentine, finish cleaning up/out my zip drive, and submit three pieces for publication this week. We'll see how it goes:)
4 comments:
That is a marvelous goal! I would love to read some of your work sometime.
Good luck with your writing goal. It sounds great! You should try to sell some stories to the church magazines. I've had quite a bit of luck selling things to the Friend and New Era. Of course, only one item has made it to print thus far, but I enjoy having my collection of acceptance letters and modest pay checks. If you have any good true stories that might make good friend or new era stories, I suggest trying to submit manuscripts to them.
Hey, you may know people who write better than you do, but I don't. The sky's the limit, my friend! My favorite story is still that one you wrote back in college about the girl looking for herself/religion/something missing in New York City...with the original ending, of course. I wish I could remember the name of it.
Sweet Pocatello!!! Oh that is so fun!! It will be so easy to see you when we come home for Christmas!!! What Judge is he going to be working for?
Post a Comment