Doug's eyes are blue-green and mine are blue, so I don't know where Isaac got his. They're pretty though. And that's pre-haircut Isaac, by the way. His daddy chopped his hair off a few nights ago and Isaac is now ready to enter the army. Here's the cut:
The week started off with a bang when I went to get Isaac from his crib on Monday morning. The boy was butt-naked and he announced that he had made poo-poos. He then pointed to the poo-poo marks on his bedding and to the diaper he had chucked over the edge of his crib. Incredibly, the poo-poos stayed in the diaper despite the 2-year-old's catapult, but the mess was still kind of amazing. Isaac has never done this before, and I'd love it if he never did it again. And, oh yeah, the kid had a runny nose that hasn't stopped yet. I got the cold on Tuesday and haven't made it out of the house very much since then. Gold's Gym has been my sanctuary, but I have only gone in the evenings so Isaac wouldn't get the other kids sick. Which means I haven't gotten enough Doug time.
How am I doing on the goals I set for myself this week, you may ask? I submitted one piece to a writing contest, I've done an itty bitty amount of work on my zip drive, I've mused about what to put in our Valentine's letter and I've got pictures scheduled with Kelly for Saturday afternoon. So it's coming along. I'm also making headway in "Three Cups of Tea." We'll see if I can get that read this week so I can work on "Why Crickets Cry" for book club.
Enjoy Lucy's poopy video clip and the roses Doug got me for being an awesome (and sick) wife and mommy. I sure enjoy'em both:).
1 comment:
Oh, how I miss your little family! I hope you start to feel better soon. Love ya!
Post a Comment