Welcome to the sick house, my friends. Here, Daddy gets to plant the ENORMOUS recliner in the middle of the living room (making it a lot harder to live in there) but today, finally, he's able to smile. Look at Isaac smiling at Baloo the Bear in the Jungle Book. Pretty cute.
Back to sickness--Doug looked like an 85-year-old man, hunched over, shaky, contracted into himself for the last week. Thank goodness for modern medicine and our own little miracle yesterday. I don't ever post journal entries (largely because I don't write in my journal enough to provide material, but also because the entries are more travel-loggish than interesting) but here's my entry from last night:
"Doug asked me a few days ago if i THOUGHT IT WAS A MIRACLE THAT WE GOT MARRIED. i THOGUHT ABOUT IT AND SAID i DIDN'T THINK SO. wE WERE SO IN LOVE, AND IT WAS NATURAL, AND THE OBSTACLES weren't that great (accidentally put caps on--sorry). But I kept thinking about miracles and what they really are--gifts from God. Marrying Doug was certainly a gift from my Father in heaven.
"Doug has pneumonia and it took two visits to the health center to learn this. Yesteday when he went in, they concluded that Doug didn't have the flu and sent him home. Today, we got an appointment and prayed that we'd get answers. Doug has been off-and-on miserable since Saturday night. We got a miracle today.
"Dr. Wilmore is the head doctor at the clinic and he was my doctor 5 years ago. He listened to Doug's symptoms, listened to his body, had him get blood samples and a chest x-ray, and we learned that Doug has pneumonia. (Even Doug's chest x-rays are hot, folks. That's how good looking he is!) Doug got an immediate shot of antibiotics, took more, got good advice, and he's going back in tomorrow morning. He feels better! What a gift and what an answer.
"It has been hard taking care of everyone in my family. At first, when I thought Doug just had a lousy cold, I was impatient with him and his frequent demands. And it was hard to be a single mom. But gradually, as Doug got worse, I got more capable, less irritated and more appreciative of my sweet husband. I love him."
I'm just happy that Doug's on the mend. Here are a few cute looks at my kids: 1) Isaac loves to plant himself on Lucy's blanket when I put her on the ground and 2) Isaac eats ALL of his cereal just like his mom. When he's scooped up as many cheerios as he can with his spoon, he drinks the rest. Good work, son!
5 comments:
Wow! Now you're the one headed for celestial-ness! It IS rough being a single mom! Glad to hear that Doug is on the mend!
I'm glad that they figured out what was wrong with him before he got worse. I love the picture you have in your header of your little girl. What a cutie pie!! You have some cute kids on your hands.
As wonderful as they are, it is a sad truth that sick husbands are harder to take care of than sick babies. Good job taking care of the family, Tara. I'm so glad you went back to figure out what was wrong with Doug. That really was a miracle.
The hair on that girl is seriously astounding. I have never seen anything like it! So cute! I know I always say that. Also, I feel your pain about not wanting to be a single mom due to sickness. That happened to me recently and it was hard to remain patient with everyone, including my cute husband. THEN I got sick and I appreciated him even more because he did it without a single complaint. I've got a lot to learn dang it. lol
ugh, pneumonia sucks. I still have asthma from my bout with it when I had to withdraw from BYU in like 2000.
Granted, though, those "brilliant" doctors at byu told me I had a "double layer lung infection" (yeah I said huh? too) and sent me packing with a steroid you inhale (NO antibiotics)
When I finally got home to michigan I was quarantined to the house for three weeks because I begged to not be admitted to the hospital and promised to come back in if I got worse.
So yeah, pneumonia sucks. I hope everything is looking brighter and lovelier today- you guys are all in my thoughts.
Post a Comment