Today, my family was going to pose for many, many photos. I had toyed with several outfit ideas for all of us, and had concluded that Isaac, Doug, and I would wear black and white and Lucy would wear a black, white, and pink polka dotted dress. We were all looking pretty shabby this morning, but our photo shoot wasn't until around 4. Doug and I still needed to shower, but at least the kids were bathed...
Then Kelly, our gifted, brilliant, kind photographer, friend, and upstairs neighbor, had to cancel on us (thanks to spending the night in the hospital with her infant recovering from RSV!) so we were destined not to be photographed.
Then our friends from Logan called and asked if we wanted to meet them at Provo Towne Center. "Aha!" I inwardly exclaimed. "I can still get pictures of my family to send out for Valentine's Day! They can take some for us!" Here are said friends:
So I raced around getting Lucy, Isaac, and myself cute for photos. Before Lucy's massive diaper blowout (but after Isaac's) I remembered that Doug probably hadn't shaved this morning. Doug confirmed this on the phone, adding that he was wearing a hat. Annoyed, I grabbed a nice shirt for Doug anyway, stuffed it in the diaper bag and headed over to the mall.
Our friends were delightful and Desiree took two whole pictures for us before my memory card became full. Awesome. Here's the other one.
You've got to wonder what was going through my mind... I think I was just adjusting Lucy's position, so this is "repositioning face." At least you can see "repositioning face," as opposed to Isaac's face.
Tomorrow afternoon, we're going to have a few more people take pictures of us, and we have high hopes of getting something cute.
Now it's back to laundry, tidying, making dinner, reading my marriage manual for church and possibly getting a nap in.
4 comments:
I love the top photo! Your daughter is unbearably adorable. Seriously, her coloring is gorgeous! You all look so darn cute!
Oh pictures! I seriously think they are one of the most stressful situations of all time. Good luck!
You are cute my friend! I love your new fam pic you have added above. Darling little family!
Hey, this is Melanie, the other Morgantown law school student wife. My husband helped your husband move this summer. Anyway, I can't get over Lucy's hair. It is so cute! Good luck on the family photo. Hopefully you'll get one that will make all the hassle worth while.
Post a Comment