If you had asked me ten years ago where I thought I'd be living now, I think I'd have wanted to live on the east coast, specifically in Northern Virginia. If you'd said, "What about Pocatello, Idaho?" I would have started laughing. Cosmopolitan Virginia girls don't wind up in Pocatello, Idaho.
Thankfully, I've never been that cosmopolitan. And I'm moving to Pocatello, Idaho! I don't even know if I'm spelling the city correctly!
Doug and I were thrilled that he received two clerkship offers yesterday, and we picked the one we had our hearts set on with a judge Doug respects and gets along with swimmingly. I'm so proud of Doug for his hard work in law school, his perseverance in finding internships and an externship that have taught him so much and made him more marketable, and for working hard to find a clerkship that is right for him.
We'll live in Pocatello starting in August and we'll be there for at least the next two years. In a scary, stinky economy, we're happy to know where we'll be for the next two years and to finally be getting an income.
As Doug's brother pointed out, Doug's academic road has been full of surprising twists and turns, but the end result is that Doug gets to be in Southeastern Idaho, which he loves with all his heart.
I'm going to soak in the next 6 months I get living right by my family, and I look forward to the new adventure my little family will embark on in August.
Way to go, Doug!
14 comments:
Yeah! Congratulations!!! That's awesome! Way to be a hard worker Doug!
Hooray! That's great news. Congratulations Doug, and props to your supportive wife and kids.
yeah! congrats on the job!!! someday we'll have to get you out to Chicago. :)
Congrats on the job! That is indeed something to celebrate!
Way to go, Doug! And how great to know where you will be in six months. Hooray!
Congrats to Doug! That is great news!
Congratulations. That's really exciting. An income? What's that?
Pocatello is closer to the cabin than West Virgina. There's more of a chance you can hang out at the lake with us!
I am so excited for you guys! Way to go Doug! I'm sure if feels nice to know what is in store for the next couple years.
That is fabulous! Congrats Doug!!!
Hey! I am glad that you can check out our family now. Anyway, Thomas and I will be in Provo this (6th & 7th) weekend. He is bringing the swim team town for state which happens to be at BYU. We should try to get together. feel free to contact me on our blog or 4352326626. That is my cell (Desiree). Congrats to the move. That is closer to us and on our way to visit my parents house.
Doug and Tara,
We are so happy for your news. We are excited for your Idaho Future!
Congrats! Tara, we need to visit before you leave! I would love to meet your little family. It would be fun:-) Pocatello is a real pretty place, I bet you will love it there:-)
luv
cat
congrats on the job! i was wondering the other day if you knew where you'd be headed yet...good i finally checked out your blog!
I have been a very bad friend and blogger but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! I think it is the most wonderful news and I'm glad that you guys can rest easy now that you know where you'll be for the next couple of years. I've never been to Idaho so maybe sometime we'll have to come visit you and you can show us the wonders of Pocatello. :)
Post a Comment