The blow was softened this morning by a wonderful visit with my "West Virginians." I took the kids to Mapleton to play with buddies we'd met and loved in West Virginia. I got to see two sweet babies, Wesley and Madeleine, who were born after I left West Virginia. What a treat for me. I can't believe it has been almost 9 months since I left West Virginia, almost 100% sure that I'd be back again in the fall. Life is full of surprises, not the least of which was Doug's acceptance to BYU for his last year of law school. I'm just grateful that so many of my West Virginians have reasons to visit Utah!
And here's the travel-log to catch my blog up on life events (this'll be quick because Isaac just woke up from his nap and is talking in his crib):
We hung out with Sheide cousins on Christmas eve. I was in charge of the Luke 2 reading and acting, and it ended up that "there was no room in the..." manger:). Baby Jesus (alias Cabell Buechner) didn't get to lie down in the manger during the reading because my two-year-old climbed in first. And then another two-year-old. Then a four-year-old. Jesus needs to be a little more quick about it. Isaac loved Christmas morning at the Sheide house as well. Thanks, Mom, for the lovely train and car mat.
The day after Christmas, we began a journey toward sunshine and Grandma Kayla in Sun City, Arizona. Doesn't the picture below strike fear of sleep deprivation in your heart? It worked out with Isaac sleeping in the porcelain palace, but we were feeling pretty brave to subject ourselves to the obvious risks of bringing two little ones to a hotel. We love and recommend Falcon Ridge hotel in Mesquite, by the way.
So here we are again in Utah, just me and the kids, and my husband at the law school:). With vacation over, I'll hopefully be able to read, write, and answer my phone once more:).
2 comments:
It was really fun to see you yesterday! I didn't tell you how fantastic you look. And it made my day to see sweet little Lucy. She is a doll! Good luck with Doug back in school!
I remember you and Doug babysitting for our 2 kids so that we could go to general conference. Do you remember that? And now, to think you've got 2 of your own. They are adorable. I wanted to tell you that I really enjoy your book reviews---keep 'em coming! Happy New Year Tara!
Post a Comment