Sunday, January 25, 2009

Donating My Weight to Charity

I've been excited to post about my donation for a couple days. My friend Mary said that The Biggest Loser is hosting a lose-weight event wherein the weight we lose is donated (in pounds of food) to charity. How cool! I've pledged 5 pounds, and I got off to a great start. But you know, when you check the scale and it says you're doing a good job... you may, like me, find your way over to the kitchen and have a savory celebration:). It's just nice to have a little fun incentive to lose some weight.

In my itty-bitty basement apartment, I've been really searching for ways to keep Lucy out of Isaac's easy reach, but still let her see the world from something other than her bassinet. So I put the little girl in Isaac's highchair. Isaac threw a fit because it is HIS highchair, but I pointed out that Lucy has been sharing her musical fish toy with Isaac, so now everyone is very kind and eager to share:).
I'm showing both of these pictures to illustrate just how little Lucy is compared to the highchair and also to prove to the world that Lucy's eyes are blue. Doug's grandma's husband swears her eyes are black and they are not. Who knows what color they'll be a month from now, but for now, they're a deep blue.
I've been reading a bit this week, so check out my assessments to the right of my posts. Incidentally, I "caught up" on all of your blogs finally, so feel as though someone has spent quality time getting to know you in the last week or so. It's true!
Another interesting thing for me this week is that I finally bought an online subscription to "Writer's Market" and a guide for getting short fiction published. I've written a lot of things I am proud of and I'd like to begin the process of submitting my work. My goal is to submit at least 20 pieces this year. I'm going to be proud of myself even if none of my work gets published.
And sleep training begins with Lucy this Wednesday. I'm so excited! I've invited Doug to spend the night at his brother's house that night because two stressed-out parents listening to crying is way worse than one. Happy Sabbath!

3 comments:

The Qian Family said...

I miss you! I wish we could just hang out in person, but I'll settle for reading your blog. Lots in common--sort of. I've had a subscription to writer's market all year and I've submitted...nothing. I have goals and ideas but nothing has come to fruition. One day. Anyway, I truly look forward to hearing about the process for you and if you are comfortable at some point, I'd love to read some of your stories. We'll have to "talk" more some time about writing. I'm taking a correspondence course right now and am just starting the fiction component. Also, sleep training! Starting round 2 of it today with Alex. Did it once at 4 months, and at almost 2, he needs big boy bed training. So hard. Anyway, good to hear from you!

McArthur Family said...

Yeah for blue eyes!

Catherina said...

Tara, your baby is an absolute DOLL!!!

love ya!

Cat