Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lucy Sherree Bowen






We're thrilled to have our little Lucy in our family. She has dark, beautiful hair, a pretty loud cry, she doesn't like to sleep on her back, and we love her. She weighed in at 8 lbs, 9.9 ounces, and she is 20 inches long.










I wanted her to come on her own, and she did--one week after her due date. My water broke at 3:3o am on Tuesday morning and I started having contractions right after that. We went to the hospital at about 8:30 and she was born at 12:29. I cannot adequately express the love I have for an epidural in the labor and delivery process. This experience, having her, was so wonderful, and labor and delivery with Isaac, epidural-free, was so miserable.

Life has been more eventful than normal in the last 35 hours or so because Doug, Lucy, and I haven't slept through very much of it. Tonight is our first night in our home and tomorrow will be my first day with just my two little ones and no Doug (while he's at school). I'm trepidatious. I tried to post a video because only videos can do justice to Lucy's beauty, but the process is taking so long. Only pictures for now. I think it's funny that both of my kids are doing a pirate look in our family picture. We planned it, naturally. More later, but I just want you to know that we have her, she's so special, and we're feeling blessed.




21 comments:

Allie said...

Congratulations! I am envious of anyone who has a newborn with so much hair. My kids just had fuzz and both of my boys had more hair than my girls. I am glad that your delivery went well. Epidurals are wonderful. My grandma had nine kids before epidurals were possible and I remember he saying "HAVE AN EPIDURAL...HAVE ONE FOR ME!" I will be looking forward to future posts to see how you are surviving with two kids. When I had my second I had to leave his door open when he took naps. If I found it closed, I learned quickly that meant Maddie (who was two at the time) was in poking his eyes out.

jls said...

YAY!!!!!!! Lucy is here!!!
She has so much hair, and I looked at her and immediately thought she looks scads like Issac!!
And aren't epidurals wonderful? Women who choose to have them are told they are failures for not going au naturale--not true! I loved having an epidural that enabled me to enjoy having my baby, and if I ever have another child, I'll do it again!

Decker and Christine said...

Congratulations, Tara!!! She is beautiful. I love all of that gorgeous hair! I'm glad this birth story was better for you than the last one! You sound and look fantastic!! Welcome, Lucy!!!!

dave&abby johnson family said...

She is soooooo beautiful!!! I love her, I love her hair! Congrats you three and I am so glad that everything went well, we sure miss you and wish you were here, but can't wait to see you in December!! Hope all is well!

Kate Johnson said...

Hooray! Lucy is a real BEAUTY! I am so excited that she is hear. And I am glad that your epidural went well this time. I can't wait to meet Lucy in person in December...maybe she could wear a hat though...I think Madeleine might be a little self-conscious of her own lack of hair when she sees Lucy's beautiful locks! Love you all!

Julia Kelly said...

I love the name Lucy and she is just beautiful! I love all that dark hair!! Congrats! Hope you're adjusting to being a mommy of 2!! Loves from WV.

Jenny said...

Congratulations!! She is gorgeous, and I love the name!

Sara and Dustin said...

You did it! You're so awesome, Tara. Lucy is seriously gorgeous. These next few days and weeks will have a tendency to be overwhelming. You can do it. I did it. You can do it. Just remember it's not going to last forever. Lucy will grow up a bit and Isaac will get used to things. I guess we just had an adjustment period so I'm assuming everyone does! Is anyone coming to help you?

Mer Swift said...

Congratulations, Tara! Good job! I know you will do wonderfully as a mother of two...!

Just Us said...

Wow, what a beauty! Both you and little Lucy! Seriously that hair is so beautiful and her little face is adorable! And you do not even look like you gave birth. Please give me lessons on how to look so wonderful after labor--I will pay you money! Congratulations family!

Jami Jackson said...

I've been waiting for this post!! I am so excited for you not to be pregnant anymore and even more excited that you now have a beautiful little girl. I love her hair!! I would love to come visit you sometime. I'll call you soon.

Oh, and you look fantastic Tara!!!

Catherina said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh she is sooo beautiful!! What a precious precious little one!! Congratulations Tara and Doug. And what a head of Hair!! She really is Darling, I hope to meet her someday:-)
cat

The Herbert Family said...

Tara, Lucy is beautiful! I love how much hair she has! We are so happy for you guys, I am glad you are not in the "pregnant" stage anymore and get to have lots of fun with Lucy. We got a message that you had delivered and I was so excited to see pictures! You and Doug have some beautiful children. Congratulations!

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

WOW I can't believe all that hair!! She is so cute!! Congrats. We are so excited for you guys. Glad everything went good and she's here

McArthur Family said...

I love Lucy!!! And her hair!!! What a beautiful Bowen! I'm so proud of you for doing it again. I wish I was there to give you a crown and sash again! Much love- amber

lindsay said...

Tara she's beautiful! Congrats! So much hair :) I'm sad that we didn't get to meet her, but we'll keep in touch with blogs. I'm glad everything went so well!

Natalie said...

Congratulations!! Sweet Lucy will surely bring the soft side out in her daddy and brother!

Angela said...

Congratulations! So much hair again. She's beautiful, I don't remember how big was Isaac?

Valerie said...

I'm so happy that everything went much better the second time around! Lucy is adorable and I'm amazed at how big she is! I love her hair too. I could just eat her up!

alexandra said...

Congrats! She is beautiful, and I love all her hair! You, btw, look awesome.

CaGeSJaMToo (aka Sam) said...

Congratulations Tara! She is very cute. I'm glad everything went well and that you now have another precious child of God. Take care!