For those of you who didn't get to run in the rain yesterday, you missed out. Luckily, there will most likely be lots of rain and cold for all of us in the months to come, so you'll get your chance. I just loved my run yesterday! I ran without Isaac, which is a rare treat (thank you, Doug, for watching Isaac during the run AND making waffles while I was gone--what a stud you are!). I felt the way I used to feel on my runs during my Master's program, full of ideas (albeit not regarding microfiction or poetry) and just invigorated by the fun of movement. I also like it when I look silly--I was running in the pouring rain with an 8 1/2 month pregnant belly. It just looked like I had a lot of reasons not to be running and the people I met outside looked equally out of place--the smoker, the undercover policeman...connected by dissimilar desires to be out there.
And I've had some great quiet time since then. My little family went to Heber for some of Conference Weekend and I came home last night, leaving Doug to spend the night with his brothers. After putting Isaac down, I got to feel what it might be like to be single and wealthy enough to live in my own space. I read the scriptures and worked on White Fang, and just loved the quiet time. We have had SO much family and friend time since we've been in Utah and I LOVE it--I just also love the contrast of a quiet night alone.
And the clock is ticking. Doug helped me celebrate that there were three weeks until the EDC (Estimated Date of Confinement--comes from a prim and proper earlier age) this past week by bringing me Dove chocolate (I had mentioned how much I loved a Dove sample at Costco), delicious gum, and massage oil for many a future massage. And here I am, with 2 weeks and 2 days to go.
On Friday, my doctor said he would strip my membranes this upcoming Friday. I let him know I got my membranes stripped last time and the resultant labor was TERRIBLE. He promised that everything would be so much better this time and that the decision was totally up to me. So should I let him do it? Should I tempt an end to my pregnant woes, therefore potentially bringing upon myself the "joys" of having a newborn. Thoughts?
6 comments:
Well I don't know what it's like to get your membranes stripped, so good luck deciding! Also, the offer to do the pictures was with the knowledge that you live a bit out of the way...that's why it's a present! I would love to hop down to Provo and take her pics. :) Kudos to the husband for the dove chocolates and waffles--I'm also a fan of both.
I had my membranes stripped with Sydney and the first time it didn't do anything. The second time (a week later) I went into labor that evening. I think it's just up to your body what it wants to do. Good luck deciding. I can't wait to meet the little girl.
Oh, and way to go running 8 1/2 months pregnant AND in the rain. That sounds like something I would do!
If you didn't have a good experience the first time, maybe you should not do it this time and see if it's any different. But the prospect of ending the pregnancy sooner is all too inviting! Good luck on your decision!
My suggestion? Go with your gut. What do you really think? My guess is deep down you know what you'll be most comfortable with. Then make your decision and pray about it. You'll make a good choice! I know you will. Keep us posted!!
Tara Bowen...this is not your mother, but what are you doing running 2 weeks before delivery and in the rain! You know I thought you running with Isaac down the 705 being so close to delivery was insane! =)
So about the membrane stripping thing...if your not pushed for a deadline, why put yourself through it again. There are other forms of induction, way more enjoyable, if you are looking for an alternative.
I can't believe you are still running, woman you are crazy. Really I just envy you. Wow, two weeks and you will be a mother of two, how exciting. I agree with Mary, go with your gut feeling and pray about it.
Keep me posted, and by the way soooooo jealous you are able to go to Costco for sample day.
Post a Comment