Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Gift of Time

What a sappy title:). But this week, I really am grateful for Doug's kindness to me: I get lots and lots time with him. On Tuesday night, my mom babysat Isaac so Doug and I could go to a movie (Ghost Town is pretty cute). On Wednesday, we went to the zoo as a family. Tonight, Doug is taking me to the BYU Spectacular, which showcases all kinds of dance at BYU. Friday will probably be a movie night here and then on Saturday we'll go to the BYU football game in the rain and the snow. What could be cooler?

My cousin and her 2-year-old daughter and five-month-old twins will also be here for the next several days, so there will be a lot to keep me busy during my large pregnant time.

And as far as membrane-stripping, I haven't 100% decided on what I'll do yet. Doug and I are inclined to hold off and do nothing tomorrow at the doctor's. We're giving talks on Sunday (I'm not prepared) and we've got the football game and a mission reunion we'd like to get to on Saturday. Sure, I don't want to be pregnant anymore, but we're really enjoying this pre-infant period of time, wherein we can still sleep at night. So no official decisions, just inclinations...

2 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

Well sounds like you are keeping busy, so nice you have been able to spend all this time with your cute little fam. Have so much fun this weekend, good luck on the talk and especially with the decision with your little babe!

jls said...

They stripped my membranes when labor wasn't progressing as quickly as they would have liked--and it did nothing! I'm surprised you had a bad experience w/ it, 'cause for me it didn't do a darned thing. Wasn't until they loaded me up with good ol' Pitocin that I was ready to roll. :)