Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lucy Meets Rambo and Other October 31st Events





You can't let a little thing like childbirth ruin--or cancel out--Halloween. Lucy met Rambo (alias Uncle Jordan) for the first time today at our house and then we went to a low-key Halloween party at my parents' house. By low-key, I mean that my mom didn't know any of us were coming, even though we'd been coordinating with each other and trying to reach my mom all day. There were 4 full families, plus the Ukrainian twins at my mom's house--surprise, Mom!:) Here are some pictures of Lucy at the Sheide house: you better believe my little girl was a beautiful princess for Halloween. She didn't need a tiara--just self-evident royalty:).

And here is my own little Rambo/hunter/soldier/West Virginian. He loved trick or treating, particularly when we let him suck on lollipops (which we later extracted, replacing them with candy Doug thought was "safer"). I assumed Doug didn't want Isaac to get my mom's house sticky, but no--Doug thinks Isaac will run into a wall or something and have the lollipop lodge in his throat. Same thing with a toothbrush--so no pointy objects for Isaac while he walks:).I only took a few more pictures and then my camera told me that its memory card is full. So be content with all the wonderful pictures YOU took last night and make sure to post them soon:).

7 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

Sweet Lucy is too cute!! Glad you still had a great Halloween and you were feeling good enough to get out! You are amazing!

Just Us said...

Can't believe you are up and around other people already. Seriously, you are my childbirth hero this week. Maybe even longer...

Just Us said...

Oh, and p.s. am I allowed to make a request for a blog topic? I was wondering two things 1. How is big brother doing with all of the changes, and 2. What is it like to change from having one child to two. Just wondering of course. :)

Heather E. said...

What? She's here? And she met Rambo. So lucky. I was starting to believe she'd never come out...But she did and she has beautiful hair! Congrats!

Becky said...

Tara...she is precious! I have been following your blog waiting for pics! I'm so happy for you! :]

The Qian Family said...

Congratulations on your beautiful family!

Just Us said...

Okay, here's another question for you. Val wants me to come down and take her family photos, and I told her maybe I could combine the trip and take your little one's newborn photos at the same time (if you want to take me up on that gift, if not, no offense taken!) Anyway, if you do want to do it, let me know and we'll set up a day that works for you. Val said she's pretty flexible. If you don't think you can, honestly don't worry about it, just thought I would combine my Provo visits!