Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Stroller Rides, Manliness, Being Girly, ...

You all know how I love a good stroller ride. In fact, if I labelled my posts, there would probably be at least ten posts centered on stroller rides. What makes for a great stroller ride? Great company, great weather, treats for everyone, a park trip in the middle of the ride, minimal crying, and... a flat tire? Yeah, I got all of that yesterday:).

The good news is that I changed the flat tire all by myself! Doug and I have changed a lot of stroller tires together but he has always used his really manly muscles to do the tricky parts, so this was my first all-out manly success. My next goal is to learn how to change a car tire.

And Lucy is my little girly-girl, thanks to Abby Johnson and my mother. Abby's little girl, Aspen, had the cutest little Mary Jane socks when she was little and I decided that if I ever had a little girl, she would sport the same. My mom found the cute socks and... voila!




Lucy also wore her first dress on Sunday and I wanted to take pictures but forgot. It felt momentous for me to put a kid of mine in a dress. The dress was complicated, with too many small buttons but GOLL, was it cute.

Things are going well here--Lucy has done three days in a row of only waking up once in the night and I'll be honest and say I am still tired because...

I have become an "Office" junkie. I find myself hoping Doug will finish whatever he wants to say so I can rush to Blockbuster and get the next episode. That's when I know I've got an obsession. It's been a lot of fun, and it probably accounts for my hiatus from blogging. I hope you're having a good one!

5 comments:

Jami Jackson said...

She is adorable!! It's funny because I love NOT putting a dress on Wesley. And it's SO nice not to have to do his hair.

So glad that you're doing what you love - stroller riding and watching such a great show!! I love the Office too!

Decker and Christine said...

I love those little Mary Jane socks! I got some as a baby shower gift for Laralyn. They're too small for her now, but I still try to stretch them over her feet! Enjoy the office...I'll be thinking of you at my brother's wedding reception next August...in SCRANTON, PA!!!!

McArthur Family said...

I want to stroller ride with you!

Hillary said...

I was (and still am) an Office junkie. I didn't start watching it until recently so I had to catch up on all the previous episodes. They are so good and so hilarious! I can't wait for tomorrow night's episode. Lucy is so adorable and my, she has so much hair! You're lucky you'll get to fix her hair very soon. I had to wait about 18 months to do anything to Leah's.

dave&abby johnson family said...

YEAH!!! The socks look fabulous!! You are too cute my friend and your children are even cutier! Miss you guys!!