Monday, January 28, 2008

A Prophet

I believe that President Gordon B. Hinckley, who died last night at the age of 97, was truly a prophet, like Moses, Noah, Isaiah, and Abraham. I love him and I think he did a fantastic job of honoring this invitation from the Savior:

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5: 16).

If you want to learn more about President Hinckley, you can read the recent NY Times article, or go to lds.org.

He is one of my heroes, and I am so thrilled that he gets to be with sweetheart again. Here's to eternal life, heroes, and the legacy President Hinckley leaves behind, inviting us to "stand a little taller" and love others as our Savior loves us.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Your post about President Hinckley was so much better than mine! I teared up reading it and I feel the same way. What a great man!