Equally cute is Isaac's game of smearing snow in my face. I vocalized my surprise the first time he put his snowy mitten against my cheek, and he figured out a fun way to make his mom laugh. Way to go, Isaac.
Another interesting discovery: Sir Isaac has discovered the abundant pleasures of an apple. When people ask who Isaac is named for, we'll abandon the bible Isaac in favor of Sir Isaac Newton, because our boy has a happy apple fetish. He can sit in his high chair for a half hour, snacking on and holding his apple in one hand while he eats whatever else I put in his bowl with the other hand. I could have taken a picture of this, and it would have been cute, but you'll just have to imagine my little chomper with his apple.
Isaac's also added a lot to his vocabulary in the last few days. This morning, the first thing Isaac wanted was his shark. I left the "shar" on his changing table last night and he could see it from his crib. Luckily, he has always been an excellent pointer, so even if he couldn't say "shar" I would have known what he wanted. But I like hearing him talk. I like it when he pushes opens our bedroom door and calls out, "Daaa? ... Daaa?" He thinks his dad may be sleeping in bed and he wants to wake him up.
Some other words I love to hear him say: turtle, ball, fish ("ish"), bowl, bagel, buh (bread), baby (he calls himself baby and he also calls his monkey baby), shoe, dog ("da"), here ya go ("heego"), there it is ("thehdiz!"), and "oh no!" (he got that from our Five Little Monkeys book--one of his favorites.
I'm so happy with my little family, particularly today, because Isaac had the decency to sleep through the night. He's made a bad habit of waking up at night since vacation, and we're hoping it will just go away... So I'm well rested, Doug and I are in love, Isaac is adorable and fun, and I feel so grateful for this period in my life.
1 comment:
I must say your little cutie pie has excellent taste in cuisine. I still have a daily craving for apples, so I guess it's not a pregnancy thing. And I agree...every kid should eat snow if they want to. Great pictures, my friend. Keep them coming!
Post a Comment