Friday, November 30, 2007

And EVERYWHERE That Mommy Went, Her Lamb Was Sure To Go!

While I digest the koolaid and whole milk I consumed (to make room for more milk and juice in our fridge) I'll update our blog.

The last few days have been so tough! If Doug weren't approaching finals, I'd demand--not request--nurturing leave. Our little boy has been sick since Tuesday afternoon and he has been very sad about it. I haven't been able to walk three feet away from him; he has sobbed every time he has fallen down; he has refused ALL the many food choices I have presented to him, but has eaten some of them on a whim; we haven't been able to play with our friends; we haven't left our apartment very much; we have loved each other through it all:). Doug gave Isaac a blessing on Wednesday night and Isaac's fever was gone Thursday afternoon. I appreciate more than ever the miracle of Isaac's health--I know I have been blessed to have my little boy every day of his life.

The fever has been the big news of the week for me, but we have some funny asides.

Like: Doug dresses Isaac in the most embarrassing outfits. You see Isaac in his only faded shirt--Doug found it tucked away--and sweatpants that show off Isaac's ankles and lower calves. Doug dresses Isaac for comfort while I dress Isaac in his "power outfits" so people can't ignore how cute he is. Tonight, at the grocery store, Isaac was dressed as one of Santa's elves, with a green sweatsuit, red socks and green camo Airwalks. If you know who dressed him, you understand.

Also, Doug really wanted to watch a football game on a station our antenna rarely picks up. Undeterred by past failures, Doug maneuvered our little antenna and held it in various positions all over the living room. I captured one of his hopeful moments, when we could almost see football players on the screen. The final product was funnier; Doug balanced the antenna on two chairs and a large hymnal, and you'd better believe he used tin foil to see if that would make things better. Way to go, Doug.


I'm reading A Christmas Carol, which I recommend along with the biographical section of Man's Search for Meaning. I do not recommend Fat Girl, which I plowed through for 130 pages--I just couldn't go further. I felt like it must have been very therapeutic for the author, but the material and presentation just weren't for me. So, so long for November:).

No comments: