A few months ago, I complained to Peanut that, with Isaac, I'm always saying goodbye to Camelot. Just when I start realizing how lucky I am that Isaac sleeps for several hours for each of his naps, for example, he stops sleeping for several hours for each nap. So today:
I wasn't feeling so hot. No, I am not pregnant. I wanted to take a little rest while Isaac was taking his first nap. As I curled up on my bed with a book, I thought about how grateful I was that at least Isaac was amazing about his first nap of the day. He has recently started chatting through his second nap instead of napping, but that first nap has always been so reliable. Until today.
20 minutes after I put him down, Isaac started talking. And he kept talking, with an occasional impatient whimper, until I came to rescue him. This blew my morning, as I was hoping for us to get some Christmas shopping done after his first nap. Even though I knew he'd probably get sleepy and irritated pretty quickly, I thought, "Hey, let's give it a try. Maybe we can go out shopping."
I got both of us all ready to leave our apartment and Isaac just wasn't up for anything big. The child clung. He whimpered. He squinched up his cute little eyes in despair. And we spent a lot of quality time in our favorite median, sitting among fallen leaves and rocks.
The point of this story, aside from its usefulness as a journal entry for me? Even though I'm not having particularly Camelot-ty feelings at the moment, I'm still in Camelot. I had time to read, play with my little boy, laugh with my husband, eat as a family, twirl leaves (making the "twhoo, twhoo, twhoo" sound as I twirled them with Isaac imitating me), and talk with other loved ones today. This is the kind of day I longed for once a busy life ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment