Hip Hip Horray for my marvelous husband and his inability to keep a secret! He called me last night as he was coming back from the law school, singing, "I've got sunshine on a clow-owdy day! You're going to love what I just did!" My interest was piqued. So last night, Doug planned my birthday present and here it is:
Doug and I are going to see Wicked in Hollywood on January 1st! My mother-in-law is going to watch Isaac for us for more than 24 hours, while Doug and I drive from Phoenix, Arizona to Hollywood, California and we'll spend the night in the area before heading back to Arizona. What a terrific gift!
We've been listening to our Wicked soundtrack, and I've been pouring over the lyrics, as well as reading reviews of the show, and trying on the dress pants I plan on wearing to the show. I think I'll paint my face green that day so people can come up to me shyly and say, "You were just so awesome." "It's true," I'll agree as I sign my autograph.
I'm trying to prepare myself to have all the major roles played by understudies the day we go to the show. After all, won't the leads feel obligated to get smashed on New Year's Eve? Won't they force their understudies to be their designated drivers that night, so people watching the show on New Year's Day will get a less inebriated rendition of all the songs? Or perhaps the leads will make New Year's resolutions, which include acting their parts with more heart? Maybe they'll all show up on New Year's day, determined to shake their slacker-hood off and shine as they ought. We'll see.
Regardless, we are thrilled!
2 comments:
Good job Doug...we're proud of you!! Since we won't be at the show, can we just get your autograph now Tara!?! =)
What in the world are you doing in Phoenix, the very same Phoenix I will be in on or around January 1st?
I'll be in Fountain Hills from Dec 28th-ish to Jan 4th visiting Adam's parents... are you available for a little rendezvous for lunch... or something?
Post a Comment