Mitt Romney gave a speech this morning regarding faith in America. He asserted that he loved his Mormon faith and would be true to its teachings, but he would not be governed by any one church: he would be governed by the voice of Americans. Our founding fathers looked to God for heavenly assistance and God's assistance is still necessary for America.
I'm a relatively uninformed democrat. I majored in History and had so much fun learning about historical Americans and our presidents. It is easy to judge presidents and policies in hindsight, and I decided I was a democrat, based on what I felt had best helped America thrive in the past.
After listening to and reading Romney's speech, I viewed comments people were posting about his speech. Most of the comments weren't even about his speech--people were acidic, bitter, cruel, kind of lacking the Christmas spirit we all anticipate at this time of year. They bashed Romney and Mormons with anger I'm not used to seeing in West Virginia.
Why do people have to slam Mormons? Why are presidential candidates so bashable? Why are Americans so ugly about one another? I think Hillary Clinton gets bashed more than anyone else, and I think it's pathetic. We can have our opinions; that's great. But name-calling and putting other people down will never make us better people.
2 comments:
Hi, it's Allie (Lee) Burton. OK, so who knows how I came across your blog. You have such a cute family! Do Michelle and Eric have a blog too? My guess is no, since you don't have them linked. Brooke and Justin are at the hospital right now, as Brooke has baby #4. So they now officially have two boys and two girls. Feel free to drop down my sporadically updated blog up-to-four.blogspot.com and have a great day!
here here!!! I hope you left that comment for others to read on the comment page of the speech. This is adaure by the way and I'm throughly entertained by your blogs!!
Post a Comment