My friends were getting married in the D.C. Temple, so several of my friends in the ward coordinated a temple trip for this past weekend. I wanted Doug and Isaac to come, but Doug begged off (he doesn't like long drives in the car with Isaac--I can't see why!?:)) and said he would watch our baby.
Three of us left Friday morning to go to our friends' temple sealing, then we did some more temple work and saw the lovely Christmas lights all over the Visitors' Center area. The rest of our party came in the evening and we ate together and most of us went on the Metro to see the World War II exhibit, the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. On our way back to our hotel, we also got to see G.W.
The next day meant more food, folks, and fun. We went to the National Archives, the Library of Congress (to say this exceeded my expectations is a colossal understatement!), saw the Supreme Court building, and ate in Chinatown.
I was pooped. I have been imagining that I'm in great shape and have a ton of energy, but the single people in our ward put me to shame. I wanted my baby. I wanted my husband. I wanted to sit down on a tour. I approached every parent with children under the age of 2 to see exactly how old their children were and to say they were precious. And I had a lovely time.
No comments:
Post a Comment