Last week, I put our $9.99, 6-foot, fake Christmas tree up, strung some lights, and placed a few angels on the tree in strategic places so Isaac wouldn't try to eat them. Isaac was so busy with his Tupperware cabinet that he didn't notice my progress. All of a sudden, he looked up from his labors and saw the tree. "Oh!!" he exclaimed, as he happily approached the tree. He touched the lights and tree softly (that's a big thing for us--I caution, "Soft, soft" whenever he's handling something potentially dangerous, like my earrings in my ears, our heavy mirror, or his little friends). As Isaac played with the lights and tree, his face glowed. I love surprising him, and I'm still warmed by that small experience.
One of my other favorite events from this week was yesterday--Isaac and I went for our first "stroller ride" in a long time. I love running with Isaac, but the weather has been so rainy and cold that I've felt like it may be criminal to expose my child to Mother Nature. I just got a weather-protector for the stroller and decided that it is now safe to venture out for longer than ten minutes with my little boy. I bundled him like the boy in "Christmas Story" and we went on our run. I keep wanting to take a picture of my running buddy, but why would I bring my camera on a run? Running outside, by the way, so COMPLETELY trumps running on a treadmill!
My poor husband has been a study-aholic for the last few weeks, and it all ends on Thursday afternoon--oh, hurry, Thursday! Our friend watched Isaac so we could go on a date on Friday and it felt so necessary. I know Doug has to study hard, and I can try to be good about it, but I just need time with my best friend. We looked at each other across the table in the restaurant and smiled at each other for a little while. His dimples are so cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment