Monday, March 7, 2016

Interesting Updates from the Week

I'm just pasting my letter to Tanner here:
 
Dear Elder Sheide,
There wasn't a lot that happened last week, but I'll highlight a few things. One was that my friend Carmen who has Stage 4 colon cancer (stage 4 is the worst possible kind of cancer because it means it has spread to other parts of your body) invited friends and family to join her in a 5K race to support colon cancer research. Even though she lives in Southern California, me and a few of my colleagues from BYU-I were able to sign up to run the race alongside her on Saturday. . . on our own streets, in our own towns. It's kind of a new thing to run remotely to support different events. They get our money and we get to support things we believe in. So me and 5 1/2 month pregnant belly ran a 5K for my friend on Saturday. . . and then I ran another 5k right after that in honor of it being a Saturday:). I wasn't sore at all after that, but I was so, so tired. It was a funny morning, though, because Doug decided he would run his first 5k in years. He did it in just under 34 minutes, and said absolutely everything hurt after that. We're "training" for a 5k color vibe run at the start of June. They race isn't really a formal race, because people keep throwing packets of color at you the whole time and a lot of people wear tutus and other ridiculous clothes. It's mostly a time to be goofy and create a memory. But Doug wants to be prepared, and I support him. I'll be 8 1/2 months pregnant when we run that race.
And other news. . . Isaac woke up this morning with duck lips! My son inherited my hives! Poor kid.
That's it for now. I love you, I love your updates, and I'm sorry you got that sad text message from the family you were teaching. That's the most heart-breaking thing about missionary work, and we've all been there. Like a potty-training 3-year-old, you can point them to the toilet, but you can't make them pee. Just think about that all week:).
Love,
Tara

No comments: