 |
| Poor Isaac woke up with hives on Monday morning-- a big puffy top lip and hives on his neck. I felt so badly for him, knowing that's a gift from me. We gave him allergy medicine and sent him off to school. He was worried that people would laugh at him, and we assured him that people would most likely not notice unless he drew attention to his hives. I hate having to pass this wisdom on to my kids. He hasn't had hives since, so fingers crossed that this isn't something he deals with for the rest of his life. |
 |
| We got Tanner's weekly letter on Monday and found out he got glasses. They're not super handsome, so I envision him getting help picking a new pair when he gets home--and contacts? He loves how beautiful the world is now that he can see. I love that feeling, too. |
 |
| I took Brooklyn and Cason to vote for Ted Cruz on Tuesday. Cruz carried the vote in Idaho, but Trump will probably win the republican nomination, which is a bummer. I don't respect him. |
 |
| During the week, my nesting took over and I organized the craft cupboards. . . |
 |
| and spice/cookie decorating/medicine cupboards. It feels great! |
 |
| This is Isaac before his piano festival. He was nervous, but he did a great job. He got a 100% from the judge, and she gushed about his playing. |
 |
| We went to celebrate at Reed's Dairy afterward. I asked Lucy if she wanted to go out for ice cream after her dance recital in a few months and she said yes, at Orange Leaf--the most expensive frozen yogurt place ever. I do love the idea of us all celebrating each others' successes. River and Haven won the Knowledge Bowl on Saturday as well. I haven't heard details because Bill and Judy are staying with them right now, but I look forward to hearing about it when Bill and Judy leave. |
Additional musings: I am in the middle of a bunch of reporting for my AIM job at BYU-Idaho, and that usually make sme consider stopping the AIM job. A few nights ago, as I was praying, I felt prompted to let the AIM job go for this semester. This surprised me because I'd already considered that and decided to move forward, sticking with it. But I have made it a matter of prayer and discussion with Doug since the prompting.
Pros of the AIM job:
- I know most of the teachers and I know their classrooms. They are terrific teachers, and reporting gets easier the more I am in their classrooms.
- I feel like I am compensated very well for this job.
- I like the camaraderie with my colleagues. I feel connected with the University all the time.
- I worry that if I take a break, I won't get put back with the same group if I pick this up again. No worries if I just keep plowing ahead.
Cons:
- The kids will be out of school at the start of June and I want to hang out with them without thinking of other things I need to get done.
- My baby is due at the end of June, so there will be a month of school with a newborn. Adding AIM responsibilities makes that even harder.
- I don't want to ignore a prompting.
- Doug may be switching jobs at some point soon, and I want to be able to carry my load through all of that.
So. . . I don't know what to do. I had hoped to let Heather know tomorrow if I am going to opt out of the AIM position in the Spring, but I don't think I'm ready to send that email yet.My biggest concerns is that having less money will stress us out.
No comments:
Post a Comment