 |
| Cason ready for the annual Easter egg hunt yesterday. I should have taken more pictures last week. We had Matt, Jessica, Kate, Luke and McKay staying with us from Wednesday-Saturday morning, and it was a ton of fun. If I get my act together, I'll post the few pictures I do have. |
 |
| Still excited to collect eggs. |
 |
| And here is the crew this morning, eagerly awaiting approval to come upstairs and look at their Easter baskets. |
 |
| No surprise that Lucy made it up the stairs first. |
 |
| Brooklyn's joyous discovery of her shopkins. |
 |
| Lucy and Brooklyn taking in their shopkins together, Lucy no doubt comparing to see whose shopkins were superior. |
 |
| Cason with his new shark ball |
 |
| Isaac's joy at discovering his new Jurassic World t-rex. There had been tears yesterday when he told me, with alarm, that he hadn't had a chance to show Doug and I what he wanted from the Easter bunny at the store yet. I had informed him that there would be no need to point out toys at the store. He could expect some candy, a basket, and a toy, and we would really focus our attention on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Doug let him know that he had already spoken with the Easter Bunny, and the toy was going to bring Isaac a lot of joy.) Isaac quieted his fears and he apologized to me last night, letting me know that he was going to think about Jesus. He even spent some time this morning reading his scriptures before we let them all come upstairs. |
 |
| Brooklyn enjoying her breakfast of Honey Bunches of Oats with bananas after a bit of Easter candy |
 |
| Cason also willing to eat a bit of cereal to go with his candy |
It was a good Easter Sunday, but Doug and I agree that we're both exhausted. Kids got to see their baskets, all were happy with the contents, I helped the girls prepare talks about safety through following the prophets, music time was chaotic and good, I made a pretty good dinner, and we finally put kids to bed.
Doug has been packing this evening for California. He is taking a flight from SLC at 7 pm tomorrow night, spending the night in California, interviewing all day on Tuesday, and getting back to SLC around 11:30 that night. He plans to spend the night at Dwight's house and then drive home early in the morning on Wednesday and go back to work. What a whirlwind! I asked Tanner to pray that Doug will be safe, and that this will be a great experience for him.Come what may and love it, right????!
No comments:
Post a Comment