Wow. What a week. After agonizing days waiting to hear if he was hired by Ensign, Doug found out he was. He was the highest ranked of all the applicants. Even better, he was told that it would be fine if he started at the beginning of July. Doug will train in the Highland area so we can stay with my parents for about half a year, and then we'll move somewhere in the country. . . .we have no idea where. I hate that part!
Waiting until July to move is good for a ton of reasons: time for us to go on our St. George trip without guilt, time to sell our house, time for the kids to finish school here, time for us to run our 5K, a chance to go to the cabin, time for me to play at Rigby Lake with friends and maybe go to BYU-I conference, time to do a garage sale, the chance to have my baby here on my current insurance and with my current doctor, and from my own home, and then being able to move after that. We're tentatively hoping Doug's last day of work can be June 30th, we can close on July 1st, and move on the 2nd to Utah, with Doug starting work around the 6th.
It is so crazy to me that Doug is giving up the law, but he feels so good about transitioning out of law and getting to be an administrator. He feels like he'll be able to influence people in a positive way without the arguing.
With this huge news comes some changes: I'm retiring from my AIM job, which is hard for me for financial reasons (I like a good cushion every month in our budget). We're also pricing out what we should list our house at, and we're pleased to see that it's a seller's market right now.
Next week is a heavy grading week, but then I'll get a week to kind of recover and start talking with realtors. Doug had a great hearing with one of his clients on Friday, and he feels like he can serve well for these next few months. He wants to tell his firm soon that he is moving, but I don't want them to sabotage our plans to have my baby on this insurance plan. Doug says they're amazing guys, and they should be willing to accomodate his plan, but I have my doubts about what they'll do. We just don't want them to hear that we're moving before Doug talks with them.
So all sorts of hurdles to go through in the next few months. We have faith and we trust that Heavenly Father loves us and will support us with His spirit. Conference this weekend was really good, by the way. I got more out of it than I usually do--I didn't sleep through anything!--and the kids were good.
1 comment:
Wow, I missed a big announcement post! Crazy all around! I hope everything goes well for you guys.
Post a Comment