Wednesday, April 20, 2016

April Chaos

Bummer that this is blurry, but Lucy lost her second of her two front teeth a few days ago and was so excited to serenade us with "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth." Shee looks cute, and a bit more symmetrical.

In preparation for the preschool field trip I coordinated today, Cason and I went to the zoo yesterday to buy membership passes for our family and for Kayla and Dave.

The coolest thing we saw there was a mommy wallaby carrying her baby in her pouch. The baby was pulling up grass. So cute!
And this is the cutest thing I saw today at the zoo. We put all seven preschool girls on the tiger at the zoo and took their "school photo". It was so darling. We had a really good time at the zoo. Cathy and Brittany chaperoned with me, and it was completely worth it. Emily provided the matching bandanas. In order from left to right, you can see Jane Klein, Morgan Lyman, Brooklyn, Avery Kunz, Halle Hanks, Ember Blackburn, and Charli Evans. This was my last week hosting preschool for this crew! We went out on a high note.

After that, I packed up kitchen things, scoured surfaces, and tried to "simplify, depersonalize, and declutter" as admonished by Shawn Anderson Realty. They gave me a great checklist of things to do to sell my home, and I'm trying to move through the list. So far, I have completed the simplification process in Cason's room (his closet especially), the kitchen, and the living room. I want to work on the toy room and the kids' bedrooms next. I'm grateful that I'm not a naturally cluttered person because this process is challenging.  Overall, we're surviving  a bit of chaos. Doug has been buying and planting shrubs and we just got a load of gravel today. Doug installed a new fridge filter and drawers in the fridge, and we're just trying to do the things that will help our house sell quickly "by owner" if possible. My allergies are crazy today, thanks to the immense amount of dust I have been working through.


No comments: