We're approaching November, wherein I hope to post every day about things I'm grateful for. But here's an early gratitude one: I adore holding and cuddling with my children.
I took Isaac and Lucy to the pool yesterday (with Brooklyn in the childcare facility--best $0.75 I've ever spent because it gives me peace of mind--I can handle two kids in a pool--and the gift of concentrating on my oldest kids for a half hour, knowing Brooklyn is happy).
It has been so fun going swimming with the kids. I don't know where Isaac learned how to freestyle--probably on Syd the Science Kid?--but he does a great job. He has his eyes open most of the time, and he loves swimming to me. Lucy and Isaac both love going to the side of the pool and jumping in. Isaac does it all on his own, but Lucy likes for me to catch her, and then I hold her while she kicks her legs back to the steps. The pool is a win win win place for all of us. And it gives me the chance to cuddle with my darling kids.
Brooklyn, of course, gets the most cuddling of anyone. She can literally not go anywhere without being mid-cuddle (okay, fine, unless she's in a car seat or stroller), so I don't feel like I'm picking a favorite. It just is what it is. She receives an average of maybe 7,000 kisses a day. She has all sorts of funny nicknames, including: Muffin, Muffin-top, Hufflepuff (this is definitely her house at Hogwarts), Princess Chunky, Chunky Monkey. Of course, we throw adjectives in at will. Scrumptious little Muffin-top comes to mind. The girl is loved, and cuddled all day long.
So I'm grateful for my kids, and for getting to hold them. For knowing they are mine forever, that they are children of God, and that they are loved by Him. They are my happy thought for the day:).
4 comments:
Your nicknames for Brooklyn are adorable. We have a list for Kings as well- starting with Mr. BoyBoy, Mr. Boy, Muffin, Chubs, Stinky or Stinks, Vomitator, Barfy, Sweetbear, Cuddle bear, Humper (he is trying to crawl)...
We could go on forever.
so true, Bekah. I particularly love Vomitator and Humper--hope those stick:). I realized I'd forgotten Pumpkin, Brooky-Brook, and Thumper (she loves to kick in the bath:)) Cute little kids!
I just caught-up on your blog and it is so fun to see your darling family! Your posts are delightful and it all hits so close to home. Your question from my blog: no announcement to be made, unfortunately-- just deep thoughts.
I was thinking about this very thing the other day, I am always hugging on my kids and wondering if maybe i'm kinda a crazy cuddler. I just can't get enough of them. I kiss them putting them into their car seats, when I get them out again, when they wake up, when they go to bed, when they make cute faces. I just can't get enough. :) also, I laughed out loud about the hufflepuff being her house, because with her adorable chubby cheeks, I can totally see that for some reason! now I am going to be forced to put my kids into houses. :)
Post a Comment