I had what my friend MaryAnn described as the "perfect birthday."
I woke up after 8. Took my kids to Gold's Gym, worked out exactly the way I wanted to (with an elliptical workout involving reading my Robert Jordan book, and a fabulous swim afterward.) Then I showered at the gym, and even blow-dried my hair and put makeup on, and brought the kids to Costa Vida to meet Doug for lunch.
We ate, then came home so everyone could nap. Then Doug and I went out to eat at Red Lobster, while our amazing babysitter Meagan watched the kids.
We came home, put the kids to bed, and watched "Inception" for the first time.
Honestly, that was the way to turn 30.
The week of my birthday was a little more of a roller coaster. I worked for hours to get my classes ready, because classes began on January 5th. I got pink eye and my very first sinus infection. My mom and sister sent me the best birthday package, full of 30 presents (pictured above). Our water heater broke, effectively destroying our careful budget for the month. And I kept working hard on my classes, excited to be teaching advanced writing for the first time. In fact, I need to log off so I can grade assignments and invite my students to read directions more carefully and set aside more time for our class. Shocker, I know.
I am so thankful for my full, eventful life, and I love my memories and my future.
Keeping it real in Pocatello,
Tara
6 comments:
What a great birthday!!!! I'm so glad it was a great one. And congrats on the Advanced Writing class. That sounds like so much fun.
Yeah! Happy birthday to you! So glad it was a good one :)
HaPpY bIrThDay!glad to hear that u had so much fun.hope that you're able to keep and stay warm in Idaho.
We're not moving for at least a year and a half.it's just our dream to end up in Denver.
Can't believe how much your kids are growing up.we miss ya!!
So happy you had a great birthday day!
Happy Birthday Tara!!
Happy Birthday and sounds like a great birthday (minus the water heater of course), but I love that you got to go on a date and get some famous red lobster cheese and garlic rolls. Excellent choice. :)
Post a Comment