1) I want to lose baby weight--weight goal is[weight goal]. I'm [actual weight at the time]. (Doesn't that ANNOY you?! Shouldn't I just divulge it?:))
2) I want to have my work published. I hope to clean up my zip drive, read my writer's book and submit more than 100 pieces this year.
3) I want to send out Valentines again this year.
4) I'm toying with the idea of working in May or when we get to Pocatello. I'd like to teach at the university level in a classroom. This means creating my curriculum vita. So good luck to me! I also want to magnify my callings in the church and be an awesome mom and wife. Love, Tara
So I'll review those goals in light of what actually happened.
Regarding 1) I lost some baby weight and, although I did lose ten pounds during the year, I also gained 2 back. So I'm pleased overall with my efforts in this area.
Regarding 2) I submitted 14 pieces this year, not 100. But I'm still thrilled about my efforts here! I cleaned up my zip drive, organized my work according to category (poetry, nonfiction, microfiction, personal essay, fiction), read the advice in Writer's Market and Eye on Life published 3 of my poems, which was awesome. I am writing more and I love that I'm immersing myself in this awesome delight again.
Regarding 3) I sent out some Valentines (like to grandmas who don't have email) and posted the Valentine on my blog and sent Valentines via emails to decrease the costs.
Regarding 4) And I'm employed by BYU-Idaho! I had a brief orientation on my birthday and there's a lot of paper work to read before my training begins on January 18th. I created my curriculum vitae (which I hope to build gradually) and I'm still trying to magnify my callings and be an awesome wife and mother. Not quantifiable, of course, but the effort is there.
So here are my goals for the year 2010.
1) Submit 30 pieces of work.
2) practice music for one hour a week outside of church (thanks a bunch, new SECOND calling at church as the primary pianist!)
3) lose five pounds (and maintain for a while)
4) finish New Testament and Joseph Smith manual
5) run 5k, 10k and either a half marathon or a triathlon
Um, good luck to me. I'm trying to set quantifiable goals, and I know that last one will be more expensive than I'll like.
Some precious kid moments to close:
Lucy wraps her arms around my neck when I sing to her before nap time.
Isaac situates his rocking horse right in front of Lucy's chair and says, "Look at me! I'm riding in a carriage!"
Isaac puts on his daddy's shoes and holds his back-scratcher (like a cane) and shows us that he is the tapping 'T" from the Letter Factory.
3 comments:
Good for you! You never cease to inspire and prod me along! I have yet to set my goal...but am pretty sure that the 1/2 marathon and/or triathlon won't be on there :) And congrats on the job! Hope everything goes well!
I'm so inspired that you submitted so much! I always tell myself that I'm going to write because I love to write, but then I just sit there at my desk not knowing how to start. How do you get past that???
Looks like some fabulous goals to me.
I loved this post! Good for you---I posted a few goals on my new blog loriswritingcorner.blogspot.com but I'm going to post my others on the family blog. Tara, a technical question, how do I add more people as blog readers? Love you!
Post a Comment